Privy Full of Bottles but can't Dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nola.River.Rat

Reaction score
What is Gentrification? That's a new word for me, never heard of it? you don't want anything that will attract attention like a big dog would, your trying to keep a low profile, sneak in & out quietly unnoticeable if possible, why? Already had the cops called on me more then once due to nosy neighbors. Cops always say the same thing, Are you Bury a dead Body? Once they see the bottles & shards & you explain it to them they pretty much walk off laughing. Even had the Cops sneak up behind us & pull Guns on us & say Freeze, Drop your weapons, so I drop my little hand rake. Seems the Cops got a call 2 guys were burying a dead body down by the river bank at end of the dead end road. Detroit is full of nothing but Pitbulls, almost everybody has one. LEON.
Haha! It's basically conversion of the ghetto to neighborhoods for rich people from California. I would dress like a local and they just assume you are stretching your legs walking your dog. Gotta blend in with your surroundings. Only thing that would confuse them would be the shovel.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
If you seen the pics, just being back there, in the back of that lot would make anybody look out of place since nobody should be there. unless your a neighbor that lives in the area & where everybody knows all the neighbors, which I'm not. Plus most of the people living in Detroit or those older rougher Neighborhoods are Black/African Americans. I'm white, just being white I stick out like I don't belong. What works best for me is the middle of Summer when everything is overgrown like a Jungle, then you can hide Camouflaged in the Foliage. There has been a few times I've worn my work uniform while looking around a recent Demo & the Neighbors thought I worked for the Construction/Demo Company.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Me & Tom has tried the old Hard Hat & pretend like you belong there trick before. And It worked. a cop car with 4 cops in it pulled up along the curb right next to us. I said to Tom uh ohhhhh, were in trouble. the cops crossed the street to play put put miniture golf & left us alone. And we were right in front of the Historical Famous Train Station. LOL.
TomTrainStation.JPG

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Me & Tom has tried the old Hard Hat & pretend like you belong there trick before. And It worked. a cop car with 4 cops in it pulled up along the curb right next to us. I said to Tom uh ohhhhh, were in trouble. the cops crossed the street to play put put miniture golf & left us alone. And we were right in front of the Historical Famous Train Station. LOL.View attachment 206436

Great pic!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Even had the Cops sneak up behind us & pull Guns on us & say Freeze, Drop your weapons, so I drop my little hand rake. Seems the Cops got a call 2 guys were burying a dead body down by the river bank at end of the dead end road. Detroit is full of nothing but Pitbulls, almost everybody has one. LEON.
Leon! Man am I glad to hear it has happened to others besides me and my old digging crew. We were in Downstate NY just north of Manhattan in a dump near an exit off the Sawmill River Pkwy when I stick my head up out of my trench and my closest digging buddy says to me "hey look at Mike, gesturing with his elbow" I look and I see him excitedly holding his arms up in the "Hands above your head!" command. So, I laugh and shrug it off as Mike just being the clown that he usually is.... but ...... noooo.... its now happening to me and Greg two more law officers are now coming out of the low grow, weeds and vines with pistols drawn and pointing at us hollering "Law enforcement do not move! drop weapons and hands over your heads!" another guy in white shirt shows a minute or two later and 2 K9 units show up almost simultaneously! Unreal!.... after a few minutes they settle down, their white shirt says some official mumbo jumbo and splits and we get to real talking and they essentially give us all verbal warnings after running our IDs and hearing our defense. A couple of cops ask for our private contact info so to have us come a try to probe out their backyards...;o)

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Me & Tom has tried the old Hard Hat & pretend like you belong there trick before. And It worked. a cop car with 4 cops in it pulled up along the curb right next to us. I said to Tom uh ohhhhh, were in trouble. the cops crossed the street to play put put miniture golf & left us alone. And we were right in front of the Historical Famous Train Station. LOL.View attachment 206436
Love this!! sofa king funny!
~Fred

Nola.River.Rat

Reaction score
Haha! I love it Leon! Goes to show you the appearance of confidence will get you far in life.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
Leon! Man am I glad to hear it has happened to others besides me and my old digging crew. We were in Downstate NY just north of Manhattan in a dump near an exit off the Sawmill River Pkwy when I stick my head up out of my trench and my closest digging buddy says to me "hey look at Mike, gesturing with his elbow" I look and I see him excitedly holding his arms up in the "Hands above your head!" command. So, I laugh and shrug it off as Mike just being the clown that he usually is.... but ...... noooo.... its now happening to me and Greg two more law officers are now coming out of the low grow, weeds and vines with pistols drawn and pointing at us hollering "Law enforcement do not move! drop weapons and hands over your heads!" another guy in white shirt shows a minute or two later and 2 K9 units show up almost simultaneously! Unreal!.... after a few minutes they settle down, their white shirt says some official mumbo jumbo and splits and we get to real talking and they essentially give us all verbal warnings after running our IDs and hearing our defense. A couple of cops ask for our private contact info so to have us come a try to probe out their backyards...;o)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. LOL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2