Dug a pit with Dave AKA The Badger

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I met up with Dave this morning and we went to his parents house to look for the privy.The house was 1840 if I remember correctly.
I probed out a pit and it turned out to be a big square stone liner.Alas our high hopes were smashed when we got to the bottom,it had been dipped silly.There were shards of red and yellow wear and some newer pieces in the caps thats about it.So chalk it up as another paying your dues day [:D] It wasn't a total loss though I met Dave and his parents who were very nice people.

29D8F1423F0149B393424231D21375DD.jpg

Attachments

• 29D8F1423F0149B393424231D21375DD.jpg
    29D8F1423F0149B393424231D21375DD.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 45

THE BADGER

Reaction score
badger here,just wanted to thank rick for coming over my parents place and helping me find a country privy.i had low expectations from the start because i had probed that yard for about a year and couldnt find a pit to save my life.i called rick for help and he found the stoneliner in 2 seconds,thats no exageration either im talking 2 seconds.yes we didnt hit the stuff but we got to dig and i learned alot of good tips.its cool when you meet somebody who has the same enthusiasm for digging.thanks alot rick for coming out and helping me,you know the guys a class act when he's still upbeat after a day of no glass.next time man the odds are getting better. thanks dave(badger)

coalbottlemolly

Reaction score
That is very cool of Rick to help you on that one Dave. Also, you are very right about the odds getting better on the next pit. Good luck to you on your next dig

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hi Guys - looks like you had a good time anyway. Went digging Sunday, but didn't find too much. My partner found a gold-plated ring with eagles or something on the side and a neat cut stone agate doo-dad. I got a couple bottles... there's always next time. Had fun, though... My lattice poison is still buried.

Dave... when are you going to learn to post pictures?

Kate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem