Dug a shallow brick lined 4 seater......

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I knew you had to be up to something because you have been too quiet lately. My suspicions were correct that you have been digging. This is one if those places that could have easily been the glory hole. Like i always say, we can find it and dig it but we can't control what's in it. I must say it was still a very good dig with an enormous potential. Glad you put the shovel aside and kept your wits. The wyeth is simply beautiful. I think its the best piece out of the hole. The cryer is the oil bottle, and I think you are spot on with the age. This reminds me of a place i've been probing for over a year now and i just can't find the pit. It belonged to a doctor and dates back to about 1870. You just gave me a renewed hope of locating the pit and now i can't wait for this fall. As always, excellent presentation and thanks for the "on location" photos. May your back be strong and your shovel be dirty.- Bass

botlguy

Reaction score
Thanks for showing us / me the Wilcox & Gibbs sewing machine oil bottle, damage and all. My Wife collects things sewing machine related including the bottles. We're mostly interested in labeled stuff at this point but that is one we don't have so will be keeping an eye out for one available. We do have a Wilcox & Gibbs miniature / child's machine.

2find4me

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, loved the story!Hellman Distilling Co. History.Wyeth & Bro. Phila History & more History. The Willcox & Gibbs is a nice one, even if it is broken.Keasbey & Mattison History.Jno. H. Blood earlier Thread.Hathorn Springs sold on eBay.Great Dig!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
2find, the funny thing is, I bid on ebay on a similar Hathorn pint less than a month ago but didn't win because I forgot to bid again at the end. It only brought $27 but had a couple dings/fisheyes. Thanks for the good info.....Jack

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles