Dug all weekend......here are the results!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Matt...

Great selection of photographs and a nice score on the bottles and jug. You most certainly have become a "whirling Dervish" in bottle diggin. Sorry that we were unable to hook up at the New England Bottle Show, would have liked to met you... Good luck on your next dig, can't wait to see the movie!

Wayne

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Wayne....I don't go to many of the bottle shows due to the fact a lot of people try and get me to take them out digging...it's not that I mind but I just don't like being "leached" on like that ya know....I will probably go to the one in Mass in Sept.

DF

deepwoods

Reaction score
Matt - Looks like you've got some pretty decent age mixed in there; the ginger beer and those two dark ones in the back look pretty old. Whats great about a spot like that is you just never know what you'll find - always kills me to find perfectly intact light bulbs along with damaged good stuff. Looks like a potential great spot for poisons too. Thanks for the great pics.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey DF...

Truthfully, I have not noticed the "Leached on" situation at the bottle shows I have been to, but I don't find too many divers there asking where to dive, collect or find bottles. I know that The two guys I dive with are pretty competitive, but it is all in good fun and we love sharing the "quest" of the glass... and it is really a challenge underwater.

Not that you land lubbers have it easy, underwater we do not have to contend with bugs, snakes, poison ivy and that stuff... It's a whole new environment.

Zero visibility, snapping turtles, heavy current, depth, limited air , freezing water temperatures, tree trunks, tree limbs, branches, boat traffic, oil spills, gasoline, water skiers, mud, huge catfish...[:eek:]

Well, maybe I should start diggin and get away from the underwater stuff...[&o]

Naw... I don't think so...[;)]

Wayne[&:]

dirtflicker

Reaction score
hahahahahaha......I bet you divers find TONS of goodies underwater....gotta try that someday!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Matt...

You are way too busy "diggin" to learn how to dive for bottles...[:-] If you stick to your kinda bottle diggin, I promise to stick to "My Kind" of bottle findin...[:-] Deal??[&:]

Wayne

dirtflicker

Reaction score
hahahahahahaha......NO DEAL! I want it all in case you have not figured it out by the holes I dig. If it is 100 years or older it comes home with me! I think you should teach me how to dive for bottles....but I wouldn't want to be a leach[&:][8D][;)]hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Hey dirt, great finds but looks a bit chilly for us Aussies

I have been a bit under the weather just getting back to the important stuff (getting bottles), I still find my best bottles diving but have been looking at a nice dump about 130 years old and feel the urge to pick up my shovel and rake. I will post some some pics when I start digging.

Wayne you will agree there is nothin like the peace of the sound of bubbles and zero viz to take you to another world.

John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday