"Dump find"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
[;)]Thanks everyone,....Swiz,... I actually am gonna give it the oxalic acid treatment,....Fred, It's along the same era and build as that mailbox (another farm dump rescue). Surface, Yep, I'm going to fit it out w/ some kind of decent looking and functional bag system...I did some looking around the web, and cannot determine the exact year,....40's is what everything points to.... I think it's a Firestone Supercruiser...Some pics indicate prewar, some postwar...., Hey Green Dragon,....My Highschool pal had a Schwin just like yours, He could ride a vertical wheelie for blocks on that thing.....[sm=rolleyes.gif] Laur,....Don't let the decrepit looks throw you off, when it's finished, It'll be as good as any "new" bike,...(probably better) the thing is well built and all my donor bike stuff bolted right up! I was unsure if the pedal crank and bearings would fit, but they did,[:)] I managed to salvage the seat, but may upgrade to a repro style in the future...We'll see how she works out!
Thanks for everyones input. Joe

10C2CE9776AE4E00B8E9F3B0C576A83C.jpg

Attachments

• 10C2CE9776AE4E00B8E9F3B0C576A83C.jpg
    10C2CE9776AE4E00B8E9F3B0C576A83C.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 71

swizzle

Reaction score
Hey, its looking better. Are you gonna repaint it or try to keep the original paint? Swiz

RedGinger

Reaction score
The green, whether you re-paint it or not is probably a good color to go with so it blends in. Might need some reflectors for riding after dark.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey, I did find it in a dump, and plan to look for bottles while riding it,....so help me!

Hey Joe,

Nice salvage job! Don't know my bicycle lingo, but would call that one a "cruiser." So, are you gonna fit it with saddle bags for the bottles?

\

1220-AA-l1.jpg

Surfaceone, what's your first name? I don't see the pedals on that bike.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: swizzle

Hey, its looking better. Are you gonna repaint it or try to keep the original paint? Swiz

Lol,....Not sure yet Swiz,...I have some "hammered metal" paint that's close to the dark green color,...I LOVE the old patina, but where's the line?...I does look pretty scaberous right now,...and I'm sure it would draw some looks from the yuppie faction, or the elitist bikers, but frankly, "I don't give a dam*"[sm=lol.gif] We'll see if she cleans up or not,...I was thinking of fitting an 'old school' generator light for dusk to dark, but as I remember having one on an early similar bike as a boy, the whine of the generator would attract bats towards the bike!...The first time it happened I didn't understand what was going on and had myself a grand old pre-helmet crash....We used to ride in cut of shorts and t shirt basically.[;)] Joe

luckiest

Reaction score
nice to find a working condition old bike, I think it's from the 40s.

swizzle

Reaction score
The first pics are dark and once you pulled it out into the light I could see its not to bad of shape. I've never had bats try to attack me well riding bikes before. I guess they don't like the sound of baseball cards. I do remember my first super wheelie. I pulled up on those handle bars on my new BMX and just as I was at my peak I realized that I had the handle grips in my hands and not the handle bars. I used my whole back to sort of high 5 the pavement. Good timessss. I also remembered that day that Air is just like Sex. It ain't no big deal unless you ain't gettin' any. Swiz

green dragon

Reaction score
looks good to me as is - DON'T repaint it ... you'll loose the patina and the value as an original.

looks like a fun cruiser, wish I had one of those old tank bikes left, but alas all are long sold / given away ( so many hobbies come and gone.. sigh ) .

~ AL

Wangan

Reaction score
Nice bike Joe.Those are probably the most comfortable handlebars made.I love the ganster walls (white walls like on the old ganster cars).The seat should have a bit more padding for those long rides and it needs a bit ole metal basket for the front too for the optimum bottle and gear capacity.[;)] I bet she rides like a dream.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator