"Dump find"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
[:D][:D]

A4B01F21E4F74A8AB01E97E758529CFC.jpg

Fred,...we could probably rig up something with that old wheelbarrow...[:D]

Attachments

• A4B01F21E4F74A8AB01E97E758529CFC.jpg
    A4B01F21E4F74A8AB01E97E758529CFC.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 61

Lordbud

Reaction score
I found two old "space age" tricycles at a yard sale many years ago. Two people stopped me on my way to putting them in the trunk of my car with offers...they sit out in my storage room to this day. They have the aerodynamic fenders and so forth you see on some older 1950s trikes. Paid $5 each for them. They are way too big to put on ebay for shipping. And they do need some restoration but whatever...wish I could get to the second door in my storage room then I could post pix...

Wangan

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Fred and Joe![>:] I think the keyboard shorted out from the coffee coming out my nose!!![:D] I could just see Joe`s face at the blinking light when he looks left and theres a bear coming,so he pedals for all he is worth to the right with Fred in the sidecar rowing the tar with his digging hoe trying to outrun the bear![:eek:] You guys really need to write a book.Im gonna laugh on and off all day!

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

ORIGINAL: mr.fred Where is the side car for me?[:eek:]-------------Fred.

I'm weldin' her up right now Fred...You'll be saying, "Slow down Joe",..."Speed up Joe!" when one of those bears start chasin'us....(How's your aim from a moving sidecar?) [sm=lol.gif] If not, you can lob M-80's behind us.... Joe
A big jar of Peanut Butter will work just fine Joe[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]-----Fred.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
OMG,..Now I'm laughing out my nose too!,.....To clarify Fred's 'inside joke' above,...When Fred and I are getting ready to head to the woods digging, we always do a quick check of our gear,....(Good thing Fred reminds me to bring my tools, etc)[:D], but anyways we joke about making sure we smeared peanutbutter all over ourselves, if we're heading for bear country,...to make it easier for them to locate us,....(A bit twisted, yeah)[sm=lol.gif] Joe

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Almost forgot to add about our (mis)adventure earlier today....We (Lauren and I) decided to take the bikes over to the State Park for a maiden voyage,....Loaded them up and headed up the nearby road,....after a few miles this road turns to dirt, and single lane,...then to a steeeep hill entering the park,... We stopped to adjust the tiedowns and when I got back into the truck I noticed all the dash warning lights were lit, although it was still running. "Weird", I thought,...I then stupidly shut off the engine,...she wouldn't restart. Dead battery,...We had to coast backwards till we ran out of gravity,...park the truck on the shoulder, then we unloaded the bikes and rode/coasted back home (about 1 1/2-2 miles) where we grabbed Laurens van and some jumper cables and headed back to get the truck, (which started) but ran poorly,.... once home, to make a long story short, the alternator was fried....132.50 later, and some busted knuckles, well I think she's good again now, Incidently, the bike worked great.[:)] Joe

RedGinger

Reaction score
I think it was Cornplanter's curse. Or maybe he was protecting us from bears.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Cornplanter would like for me to have a gel seat on the bike and some working handlebars before I may ride it uphill. That's what the truck died facing uphill.

mdavenport

Reaction score
Joe - Great job on the restoration so far. You can now brag that you are doubly environmentally friendly: doesn't use fossil fuels and you kept it from ending up in a landfill.

Is that one of those "cushy" seats (or Gel seats that Red mentioned)? I have been looking at getting one for my bike. The seat I have now is made for someone who has a much smaller.... ah... frame than I do. Do you like it?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator