E-bay starting bid....$55,000.oo........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Looks like one of those enema thingys. You put the little plastic poofer doofer in it and EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget the KY.

Stardust

Reaction score
i hope it sells i have one just like it. [:D]

baltbottles

Reaction score
Star can you post some pictures of yours. I've dug alot of early New Jersey glass and nothing like this bottle ever.

Chris

woody

Reaction score
Yeah, that's not the first time that has been listed.

You think they would start lower and put a reserve on it.[:eek:]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
been there, seen it, bought the tee shirt[:D]
for all I know Sir Wistar himself may have blown it but I have better things to spend $55K on[;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I'm with you GuntherHess, I wondered about the two dentided dimples near each end of the bottom view. I haven't a clue as to why they are there unless it was a tool used to twist the base of the bottl to obtain the curve of the bottle from the centerline of the blowpipe. It was obviously blown in a pattern dip mold that must have had an oval cavity.
I think I have seen a picture of this in Murxchwell's work. I would appreciate your thoughts. RED Matthews

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You guys are really funny. I laughed both at Lobey's 'taking a leak' comment (which I think would be hilarious if it happened) and at Oldtimer's sammich comment. Guntherhess has a point too. Sam Wistar might have blown a lot of things (for all we know) and none of them are worth 55k.

Here's what sold me, though. Just read this quote:

The original label---now removed because of its deterioration and partial loss of readability, was inscribed in early handwriting: "Glass Powder Horn/Made at The First Glass Works/in America, Alloway, Salem/1742/53."

That pretty much removes all of the doubt I had about spending all of the equity in my house on one bottle. It says it was made at the first glassworks in America RIGHT ON IT! Plus, the fact that it was inscribed in EARLY handwriting proves it. "Cause if someone tried to write that nowadays, it would be much later handwriting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie