E. G. Booz -- Original or Repro?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi.

I have an E. G. Booz bottle that I would like to know if it's an original or not. I've been to a couple of Booz sites, but they're confusing. Here are some qualities of my bottle:

1) It is amber

2) On the side, where it shows the address, there are 2 periods below the T in "St."

3) On the bottom it reads: Booze Bottle

Any ideas?

Lisa

medbottle

Reaction score
Hello Lisa, and welcome to the forum. If your bottle says "Booze Bottle" on the bottom, then it is a repro. [:(] Even the repros look good in a window though.

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi, medbottle.

I'm impressed with such a quick response! Thank you. This bottle had qualities of an original (amber, many imperfections, the shape not looking "perfect", etc.), but I had a feeling that the "Booze Bottle" on the bottom would be the telltale sign since I hadn't seen a reference made to this particular mark before. Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Lisa

medbottle

Reaction score
Right time, right place. [:)] We recently had quite a thread with another Booze that was more difficult to authenticate. If you are interested in determining more about your bottle, I think you can search the thread. If you can't find it, I will be glad to help you. Some of the early Clevenger versions are now quite collectible, but I don't think they embossed "Booze Bottle" on any of their pieces, just the initials CB.

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi, medbottle.

Yes, since I'm new to this site and don't know how to get around it, would you please send me a link or tell me how I can find this Booz thread? I would really appreciate it and I would like to read it.

So do people actually collect/keep reproductions of the E. G. Booz bottle, even though it's not a real one? When you told me that it wasn't an original, I was just going to pitch it in the garbage.

Lisa

medbottle

Reaction score
Hi Lisa. Yes, people collect the reproductions. The newer ones for decorative purposes (bright greens, blues and yellows), the older ones because they can look so much like an original. Log in and go to the search option, which is in the same line as the log in at the top of the page. Do a search in "All Forums" with the author "spock2008". That should do it.

Lisa

Reaction score
Thank you, medbottle, for the information.

It's very much appreciated.

I love this site!

Take care.

Lisa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday