Eagle mineral water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sjbrian

Reaction score
i think this a mineral water. found this in a early bottle dump in san jose california.
eagleb.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi sjbrian,
Nice bottle, any embossing on the other side ?
I edited your photo to show off the trade mark better, hope you don't mind [;)] .

Jh15289.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15289.jpg
    Jh15289.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 124

sjbrian

Reaction score
thanx for the touch up. nope nothing else embossed. the scan does'nt show the beautiful green color. i rarely get lucky enough to get pre 1880's bottles.

one of favorite bottles is actually a newer type. its a Warner's safe liver and kidney cure. i guess those are pretty common. not sure if anyone would care to see it.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey sjbrian, Warners liver and kidney safe cures are pretty common but they are also highly collected. They are also pre 1906 (unless they are a repro.) Place of manufacture, color other than amber, and which side of the safe the hinges are on all play a role in rarity and value. Put a picture up. Most everybody here likes to look at nice old bottles. [:D] Happy Diggin, Kelley

sjbrian

Reaction score
ok heres the warner's. the detail does'nt show up too well in this pic. that same day i also dug the master stone ink, cone ink and a Tricopherous for the hair.
warners_0003.jpg

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey sjbrian, yours is a common varity but it is a Great old bottle. I still haven't dug a whole one yet, (just one shard with half the safe), but it will be a happy day when I do. By the looks of your other finds, you are in a great site. Keep digging and good luck! Kelley

sjbrian

Reaction score
that site is long gone. it was huge. there were 2 football field sized pits. i saw dozens of diggers out there. must have been 1000's of bottles dug. i think everyone got a warners.

BottlesandMore

Reaction score
The Eagle bottle is a mineral water or beer. These were produced primarily on the East Coast, and most likely at Dyottville Glass Works in Philadelphia for the West Coast bottlers. The bottle is a good one, and is sought after by collectors. If not damaged, you have a bottle that would sell for $150-$250. Nice find!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen