Early 1900's New Orleans. Dug in my back yard!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

john

Reaction score
Here are a few bottles I have come across in the last few months while planting bushes in my small back yard (30x15feet). I live in urban New Orleans and would like to know if anyone can add any ifo on these bottles.

I really like the iridescent look to these bottles, but I would like to clean the mud out. I have read some of the threads about cleaning with mouth wash, bleach and other things. Would this destroy the nice shiny look I currently have? I'll post more detailed images in other posts for the sake of people like me with dial-up!!
Front Right: Front: "Lecendre's/Drug Store/New Orleans" bottom: "CLCco" seam NOT through neck
Front Left: Front: (vertically printed) "Katz and Bestoff/Pharmacists/New Orleans seam NOT through neck
Middle left: early screw cap, I guess. No writing. Seam goes up through bneck.
Middle Right: Crimp neck, I guess. Seam up through neck
Back Left: Front: (vertical) "C.C.S.&M. CO./270to274Royal St./New Orleans/ This bottle is never sold"
Back right: front: "Sodiphene/ First Aid For The Family" bottom:"The/14/Sodiphene/1Co0/Kansas City/Mo."
Thanks for looking and I hope anyone can lend some insight.

Vt58171.jpg

Picture enhanced, reduced in size and embedded - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Vt58171.jpg
    Vt58171.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 95

David E

Reaction score
I just find one.... CLGCO 1889 to 1920.
Says the C is misread from G

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads