Early 1900's Parke Davis bottle with pills

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

YoemeNdee

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this site and came across it while looking for any type of information that I can get on an old medicine bottle that I purchased at a local swap meet. I would like to know if there is any value to this brown bottle with paper label. The contents are round chocolate covered pills, (look like brown M&Ms) still has the cotton and cork and the label reads Parke Davis Blaud, Nux Vomica, Cascara and Arsenic tablets; take 1 tablet 3 times a day after meals. Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any help I can get. I gave the bottle to my mom who is an avid collector and she asked for my help.
Thanks bunches!
Fran

Bottleman

Reaction score
Hello Fran and welcome to the forum. Parke Davis was a relative big company and if you type in Parke Davis on eBay under “bottles and insulators†you will get the general idea as to what they are worth. Can you attach a picture of it by any chance?

P.S. it’s nice to see that this is your first post and you are also a supporter!

YoemeNdee

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Bottleman. [:D] I really didn't realize how much fun this research has been. I'll be back again soon with another question for everyone, I'm sure. Have a wonderful day! Oh, and I will attach a pic as soon as I can get the digital cam from my daughter. [:)]
Fran

YoemeNdee

Reaction score
Yeah for real! I found out that the 'nux vomica' is strychnine and cascara is tree bark laxative.. Yowza! Now you know that this 'medication' was manufactured before the Food and Drug Act! You know this medicine did more than get the mail movin! LOL Thanks for your reply! By the way, Bottleman..I went on eBay, and it turns out because of the date of the bottle, and the fact that the contents was still in it, that bottle I bought for a dollar turns out to be worth about $30! I'm still working on a pic to submit.
Fran

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Fran, Welcome. Looks like you got a good deal.

I always thy to get my relatives to try the meds I find. [&:] Offer them 20 bucks . No takers yet.[sm=lol.gif]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles