Earth Penetration Radar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Minoque

Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this ?
there has been developed a minefinding device called HOPE, it can find plastic mines with a earth pentrating radar. so it's not just a metal detector. and the police also has a device to see through earth.
so just wanted to know if anybody know if there is such a device for sale somewhere and if it works ?

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Minoque, ground penetrating radar has been around for a while as you probably realize, but it's a expensive piece of equipment, costs between $5,000 - $15,000US, and about $1000 a week to rent with a $300 delivery charge. These were the rates I found on various web sites. If you could afford to buy or rent a unit, you'd probably be disappointed in the results, you really need to be trained to read them. Rocks, roots, pipes etc. all cause a disruption of the field, so even if you 'saw' something, you still wouldn't know what it was without digging. A detector that would transmit images of buried bottles is the Holy Grail of diggers I think! lol

IRISH

Reaction score
They are at the stage that metal detectors where in the 1950's and 60's, slow, hard to use and needing trained operaters. But give it a few years more and maybe they will be at the level of metal detectors now [;)] , I'm looking forward to it [:D] .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese