Earthquake, yikes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

div2roty

Reaction score
The National Cathedral in DC had quite a bit of damage. Its about 4 blocks from my apartment building. All my bottles here are safe though.

Worried a bit about the stuff in my store in Delaware.

Wheelah23

Reaction score

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
My bottles are prepared for the aftershocks. A lot of them are laying down on the bookcase and some are in a soft box. One of my school friends has a lot of bottles for me to have. Hope her shelve bottles are all right.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:eek:][:eek:]Thats really sad. I visited the east coast last year, and was lucky enough to tour the Cathedral. One of our more lovely buildings, also liked the parrish garden out front and a bit down the hill..........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:)]Yes I spent 5 days in Washington D.C., went thru the museums on the mall Capitol bldg Senate house chambers tthe waterfront and Nationals stadium, went on the subway visited the Vietnam memorial lincoln memorial washintons memorial and saw the white house thru the rose garden. the only drawback was the reflecting pool was dry, they were reworkin it somethin about leaks. the people were friendly and had a hamburger at 5 guys in Georgetown. then off to Botlemore and Maine, was a great trip. Went in May and the humidity was not bad........Andy

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
My daughter just talked to me on Face Book,she said "people are bored" because they are talking about it non stop already.
Ok granted we had a little shake shake but its over its not the end of the world,no bad feelings star, no cosmic force no evil grim reaper no stocking up on battires, water or K rations--- its over.and if the big one comes so what I will stand in the middle of a field and go down,knowing its all good. But I wont talk about it until that happens[8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
May we all gain strength from your manliness, Rick.. some of us are still a bit shook up, but your right the sky didn't fall.. [8D]

kwalker

Reaction score
Strange how I was in Sea Isle City this morning. Watched a movie and was out the door going to the outlets in Atlantic City when I got a text from a friend "....did you just feel that?" fancy that. An earthquake. Didn't occur to me that the bottles were all downstairs still until I read a post on here. YIKES did I ever walk down those steps nervous. Luckily everyone survived....Kinda funny to think about how just when you think it can't happen to you it does. Ahh well, thank goodness no one I know was hurt. Shaken up of course, but all is well that ends well I suppose.

Now let's start worrying about Irene...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler