eBay bottle Damaged or Not

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
I won't even consider buying from sellers who are rude or dishonest......I've learned to just be patient, and chances are I'll get another chance to buy the same bottle from someone who is like most bottle collectors, honest and decent.
I don't know where these ebay folks come from, but lately I have gotten more than one sarcastic reply when I have asked a polite question.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I'm as picky as they get when it comes to buying and to get those ugly scratches and etching out it would have to be cleaned to the point of no return in my opinion.. That gouge in the neck is very ugly and if it contains a potstone, which it appears to, I'd subtract 50% of the value of a mint example for that alone.. As far as a bruise I don't see it. I say go dig one and let the guy sell his beat up bottle to some other sucker.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Doug is absolutely right.. it is beat up pretty good.. I personally dont consider it a "damaged" bottle, but it looks like it had a long, rough service life, and minty it ain't..

privvydigger

Reaction score
this one is just about pint minor case wear lots of color, whittle, bubbles, swirls...

E5F8BF8B112B449AA50293E96C4D68AC.jpg

Attachments

• E5F8BF8B112B449AA50293E96C4D68AC.jpg
    E5F8BF8B112B449AA50293E96C4D68AC.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 81

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
But if you don't buy it, you can't give him negative feedback. The joy of giving negative feedback would be worth $50 right there.

capsoda

Reaction score
What a butthole. I'm for the stick it vote but negative feedback would be good too. That listen up folks and button crack would have done it for me. With their 164 feed back I'd pass.

herenthere

Reaction score
Could be a shot in the dark, but it looks like a line that could've been made from a probe while tapping around for a hit. The line runs right up the neck and seems to have evenly spaced roundish chips. He did mention excavated. It's been many moons since I did any digging but you'd think by now there would be nylon tipped probes, if there isn't already. What a beauty. Oh well.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You guys are right. If he's that much of a jerk to a prospective buyer, what is he like the rest of the time?

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
But there are still no bids. If everyone is turned off by this guys remarks, he'll just relist it and maybe won't be so cocky when he relists it and it will sell higher. I, personally, don't know what it's worth or how rare it is. Like I said, his attitude may help keep the price low. And, after all, it's not the BOTTLE'S fault that it's currently owned by this guy. I think the bottle would be happier in a more caring and loving home. [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.