Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
gotta say, I am dying to see the listing, but I totally understand if it stays un-posted.. might be for the best..?
I'm ambivalent about posting a link. Still not sure. As noted, I don't want to slander the seller or harm their reputation. On the other hand, I think I am giving a fair and honest acounting of the deal.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Everyone says, "buyer beware"...so the seller should be bound by ebay's rules of auction. I wouldn't doubt that the seller was contacted by other potential bidders after the auction closed saying they would have paid more than the closing bid. I've been a seller and a bidder on ebay and have had very few problems either way. If I were you I'd try my best to hold the seller accountable. You played by the rules, the seller should absolutely do the same.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Leaving negative feedback should be last resort.

If you want the item and feel the guy is honest by all means call them up and discuss it. Thats what civilized people do. Maybe you all can work out a deal that you both can live with. BUT it was the seller's mistake, they should be willing to take some loss for that error if they are honest.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
If it`s a citron bottle, I had it on my watch list.If it`s the same bottle, the seller certainly sells a lot of bottles and no doubt knew what that bottle was worth ahead of time.It looks a bit fishy to me, if it`s that bottle...[:mad:]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You guys are giving me a little hope. However, its hard to believe that the seller will actually send the bottle after this. It really does look like a done deal on ebay, though. When I look at the auction, at the top it still says;

You won this auction. PAY NOW

Should I pay?

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Every second that passes and you don't pay gives more power to the seller..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If you do pay and the seller sends back the money, make sure you dont get charged the Paypal commision when the money comes back to you.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I spent a few minutes looking over ebay policies. Here's a quote.

Once the buyer has committed to purchasing the item, you can't change the terms of the sale.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
If you want the bottle bad enough to take this to the bitter end, pay now... or forever hold your pesos..

GuntherHess

Reaction score
yea Fleabay says a lot of stuff...
The one thing you have going for you is ebay has currently swung the pendulum far in the direct of the buyer. So they may make some small effort but dont expect too much from them. When you start getting the old "we are just a venue..." line you know the game is over[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4