Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I can still pay for it Chuck. I have to transfer some cash first, though. I just clicked on PAY NOW and it took me right to a review in paypal. Looks fine to me.

TROG

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

By the seller claiming an unpaid item dispute he is basically saying you have decided not to pay and you have agreed to his cancelling the transaction although this is not the case.

I would click on the decline the cancellation and then you can counter claim against the seller for non completion of the sale which then ebay will have to look at the dispute and you will still be eligible to give feedback

GuntherHess

Reaction score
hmmm, seems pretty underhanded that the seller would try to go through ebay to cancel and say you both decided to end the transaction without contacting you first. That tells me they are not honest.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
quote:

We are closing the unpaid item case for this transaction and it won't be recorded on your account.

if both people agree to end the transaction then the buyer doesnt get an unpaid item strike and the seller doesnt have to pay the final fee. Both people have not agreed yet though from what I have read.
Whatever you are going to do you need to do it soon. I think they only give so many days for payment to be made before the seller can ask to cancel the transaction.

Its an interesting case. One I have not experienced so far so keep us informed on how it goes. People can learn from your experience.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
One I have not experienced so far so keep us informed on how it goes. People can learn from your experience.
One can only learn if things stay the same. ebay is like New England weather, just wait a minute, it will change!

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I agree with Trog. When you bid on eBay, it`s like entering into a contract to buy it if you are the high bidder. Likewise, the seller is under the same obligation to sell it to you if you are the high bidder, whether he`s happy with the price it sold for or not. His story of the reserve not being posted is a bunch of malarky! Anyone who lists something as rare as that and doesn`t double check the listing is a fool, or someone who never intended to have a reserve but had second thoughts after the auction ended. I say pay for the bottle, you won it fair and square, and then if it doesn`t get shipped, then go for the juggular. You may not have another chance at this bottle again. I have bought and sold quite a bit on eBay, and to me this is a case of the seller trying to back out of the deal after you have won it, and as long as you have sent the money, eBay should be on your side. I don`t intend to sound too strong on here, but after dealing with a few similiar people on there, I tend to come on strong when someone is trying to back out of a sale after they have won or I have won something on there. If you could talk to the guy and see what is going on would probably be the best bet, but it doesn`t sound like he is willing to do that. Hope it all works out well for you.

E1FEF9E91FB041B69949FA7CCE5A6DD4.jpg

Attachments

• E1FEF9E91FB041B69949FA7CCE5A6DD4.jpg
    E1FEF9E91FB041B69949FA7CCE5A6DD4.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 63

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
It was 5.95 for shipping Gunther so it was 11.95 thank you very much I didnt know it was you!!................................[;)]Just kiddin Matt

BottleBob what a predicament this is.If you really want the bottle it looks as though you need to get ready to play some serious volleyball with eBay,paypal and rbrown4134602w.It will be a long drag it out process that in the end quite honestly I dont know who would win.Is this bottle the only known in this color.If this is the case you need to go for it.If this does drag out like I suspect it will it will get increasingly nastier on the sellers part.If over a months worth of constant haggling back and fourth it has been determined that the seller is not going to prevail expect your package to be delayed in shipping to the allowable max.But before that ever happens see if the seller is willing to take $9.77 every day for the next three months that will total $870.00 he does say in his sales agreement he is willing to take payments over a 3 month period.[;)]

I think it might be time to call Judge Judith Sheindlin this would be a precident setting case.

(Music) Badabum ba Badabum ba Badabum ba

At the beginning of court proceeding, off-camera announcer Jerry Bishop introduces proceedings.

and now the next case................ BottleBob is suing eBay and rbrown4134602w in the case of (whoops I forgot to check the check -mark)

Cut to the aerial fade in shot of the court room.Baillaf Petri Hawkins Byrd loudly announces All parties in the matter of Bottlebob verses

rbrown4134602w and eBay step forward please (Music......Badabum ba Badabum ba Badabum ba...........ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssss....................................... Bottlebob is suing rbrown4134602w and eBay for 870.00 for breach of contract

Judge Judy: BottleBob you are suing rbrown4134602w and secondarily eBay auctions of SanHose California is that correct ?

Bottle Bob:Yes Mam

Judge Judy:rbrown4134602w you state in your case that ebay is at fault here and that their servers did not update the check mark you
placed in the reserve box and the amount stated of 1495.00.........Is that correct sir

rbrown4134602w: Well let me bigin by say................

Judge Judy:DONT WELL ME.......... address the court as your honor

rbrown4134602w: Yes your honor.

Judge Judy:You may procede

rbrown4134602w: (Looking down at the ground)Your honor I am a seller that...........

Judge Judy:DONT LOOK AT THE GROUND LOOK AT ME

rbrown4134602w: Yes your honor.Iam a seller with a 100 percent feedback rating and have never decieved anyone on eBay.Are you ah-where
Mam what a feed back rating is?..................(Laughter behind him in the audience) and he smiles after hearing the laughter

Judge Judy:WIPE THAT SMIRK OFF YOUR FACE.(In a much quieter tone now)No I dont know what a feed back rating is I just sit at home eating Captain Crunch and playing solitaire on my computer OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT A FEED BACK RATING IS ............YOU NINGCOME POOP PLEASE PROCEDE.

rbrown4134602w:Mam I set up many auctions as I have sold over 900 items on eBay and have never had a problem before this.
I checked the box and placed the correct amount in the reserve portion and hit submit I had no idea that EBays servers had not entered my information correctly?

Judge Judy:You may be seated.Would the representitive from eBay please step forward and state your name.

eBay: Yes Mam my name is Meg Whitman.

Judge Judy:Arent you that person running for Governer in California against that bald headed guy that called you a Whore.

eBay:Yes Mam Jerry Brown did call me that name Mam

Judge Judy: If I lived in California Id vote for you!!!Please preceede and tell the court how ebays servers are set up to receive information.

eBay: Yes mam Here goes I will do my best to explain to the court...............We use the following 9 Different main page layouts built in to chose from. Setup the categories, page colors, posting fees, site name/logos, or turn off unwonted features all in just one setup file.
Currency Customizable can use most world currencies
Set up your own categories and sub categories
Post a auction item with uploaded or linked image to be view with a auction item. uploaded images will be auto deleted after the auction item has expired! (The image uploading feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Post an auction item using 1 uploaded or linked images to be view with an posted auction item, image will auto delete when auction has expired! (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Dutch fixed price auctions for Multiple items with E-Mail conformation and quantity bided on (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Home Page Featured Auction listings
Home Page Featured Image Gallery Auctions
Buy It Now feature for auction items with no bids placed yet! (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Category Featured Auctions
Bold and Highlighted Background Listings
Listing Attention Grabber Icons
Auction Bidding Confirmation Display
Payment / Shipping / Display
Ask the Seller a Question Forum
Seller and Buyer Feedback
Ban users from bidding on your items
Editable Auction Item Description
View sellers other auction items
Auto Relist Option
Mail to a Friend Feature
Confirmation email sent for new items
View closed, won, sold, not sold auction items
Billing receipt info sent for new items posted (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Bid and Outbid notice sent to buyer via email
Closing item email sent to buyer and seller
Deletes closed auctions after "X many" days
Lost password look up
Lost user handle look up
User MyPage
Suggest a new category
Users can track items
Report Fraud
BidFind.com MegaList generator so you can get listed on BidFind.com
New Item Icon
Ending Item Icon
Picture Item Icon
BuyIt Icon
Dutch Auction Icon
Hot Item Icon
Reserve Price Icon
Reserve Price Met Icon
And Much More! -----
Auction Administration
View, edit or delete auction items.
View, edit or delete registered users accounts.
Suspend or reinstate a registered user.
Move a auction item to a different category.
Ban a users email address from registering.
Ban a users IP address from registering.
Ban free email accounts from registering.
Email all registered Users.
Accounting System
The posting fees and all extra fees are setup in the config.pl setup file, all these can be a positive charge or set to 0.00 for free.
If turned in the config.pl file and the percentages fees setup the accounting can bill the seller a percentage of the high winning bid at auction closing.
New user registration credit (0.00 for no credit)
Registration referral credit to the referring registered user (0.00 for no credit).
A user can login to their account and view all of their charges/posting fees.
A user can make a realtime payment to their account using PayPal.com, PayByCheck.com, Nochex.com, 2CheckOut.com, PayStone.com, using one of these the users account will be auto credited in realtime reflecting the payment made to their accounting file. (Must have one or more of the merchant accounts listed to be able to use this feature, these can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Sellers Posting Fee Payments option1: When a user is posting a new auction item the system will check the sellers account for a min cash balance they must maintain (that you setup) before they can post a new auction item, if below the min balance they will be taken to a payment screen to credit there account (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Sellers Posting Fee Payments option2: When a seller is posting a new auction item they will be taken to a payment screen to pay for any posting fees before that new item is posted (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file)
Auto monthly invoice to all users with a negative account balance. (This feature can be turned on or off in the setup file this is used with Posting Fee Payments oiption1 only)
The webmaster/Admin can login to the accounting administration and select the users account to view, there the admin can credit a users account, delete a users account, send an invoice to user and much more.

Judge Judy: very nice Mam that about sums it up.The mistake doesnt look like its eBays fault at all.Bottlebob please step forward.

BottleBob : Thank you your honor,Recently, a bottle came up on ebay that would be one of the finest in my collection. It was gut check time. All week I pondered whether I should bid significant cash for a bottle in this economy. I decided that you have to pay when you get the chance (assuming you have the money). I won the auction. With shipping, the bottle cost me about $870. Some of you might think that is small change but it is a ton of cash for me. I already decided to shell out. Actually, I'm fairly excited about getting it. Then, after the auction closes, I receive a notice from ebay that the seller rbrown4134602w did not intend to sell the bottle without a reserve and the auction did not meet his reserve. Ebay sounds like they are willing to hear my side before acting. The auction was not a reserve type. It never showed reserve not met (or anything like it). I bid high to win.
Here's the dilemma. There is some concern that the seller was unhappy with the final price (and is only now claiming it was a reserve auction). However, it is possible (taking them at his word) that he didn't check his auction very well after listing it and never realized it wasn't a reserve auction. I feel the bottle is mine and I won it fair and square.

Judge Judy:DONT use terms like fair and square in my court room MR. Bottlebob is that understood.

Bottlebob : yes mam

Judge Judy: You may Procede

BottleBob: Thankyou mam I feel the bottle should be mine as I complied by the rules of the auction and won it in a fair bidding process.

Judge Judy: I have heard all sides and in summary here is what I have to say.Mr.rbrown4134602w you listed the auction and electroncally signed off on the auction. BELLS should have gone off in your head sir when the first bid came in at US $49.95 on Sep-29 at 10 07:53:48 PDT
Right then and there you should have noticed something was amiss when you didnt see the RESERVE NOT MET YET in bold print.
eBay (Meg) your auction was and is set up properly I find no fault whatsoever with this portion of the lawsuit.
Bottlebob first let me state you seem like a fine gentleman.ARE YOU NUTS FOR SPENDING 870.00s FOR A YELLOWY GREEN BEER BOTTLE.
You could have taken your wife on a cruise down a river boat to Branson Missouri to see Wayne Newton and Tony Orlando impersonating
Yakoff Smirnoff and the Oak Ridge boys instead of buying this bottle for this much.It must be nice to throw around that kinda money.........
However I am siding with you as I see nothing you have done wrong here sir.Judgment for the Plaintiff in the amount of $870.oo
(Music) Badabum ba Badabum ba Badabum ba

Court Interviewer:(out side the court room)BottleBob do you have anything to say? I am happy to win this auction as I have always wanted a CITRON MILWAUKEE HUTCHINSON SODA BOTTLE and now it looks as though it will be mine soon.My personal life is a shambles now as my wife has just texted me she is leaving me.She is on a river boat as I speak heading to Branson............rbrown4134602w do you have anything to say.I think eBay S__Ks and judge Judy can be a real B--ch Ok ..............Well thats all for the peoples court today tune in tommorrow when Bob Pillars v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
78 So. 365, 366 (Miss. 1918) Hold the Toes Please. "We can imagine no reason why, with ordinary care, human toes could not be left out of chewing tobacco, and if toes are found in chewing tobacco, it seems to us that somebody has been very careless." This really happened

I have to cut my grass now have a nice day all....................................................................................Ill check back later.

3694884588E64A9BA67585210CC78E1F.jpg

Attachments

• 3694884588E64A9BA67585210CC78E1F.jpg
    3694884588E64A9BA67585210CC78E1F.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem