Ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You can put in your ad that you want to be paid by check or money order but E-Bay could remove the listing if you do. I wouldn't worry about it because many people list that they accept check and money orders...
The one time I tried that, it was yanked. They have robots looking for it I think. Use words like "other payment arrangements can be made" works... or used to? I only do the paypal thing now to avoid the headaches.[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Most buyers prefer Paypal because the transaction is covered that way. I'd say mention checks if you want, but 99% of buyers would use Paypal.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'd prefer personal checks myself. I'm trusting and I think trust worthy. I also like the thought of not paying paypal. I have sold a few things where I was asked if I could accept a check and said, hell yeh!

carobran

Reaction score
You can see who bought the bottle right?

carobran

Reaction score
Thanks,.One more thing.Do they charge for pictures?I saw something about "first picture free".

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: carobran

Thanks,.One more thing.Do they charge for pictures?I saw something about "first picture free".
Depends, certain items get up to 12 pictures free, sometimes it's less than that....It's only like 10-15 cents extra normally

carobran

Reaction score
Ok,I looked at how to list an item and it actually looks pretty simple.Now,How do I pay ebay the percentage that they get?

epackage

Reaction score
It will be billed to the account you use to sell at the end of the month, it will have a detailed page so you can see your costs.

Make sure to either start the bottles around 9pm local time so that most people will be home when they end. If you can't start them that late you can set it up to start at 6pm Pacific Time so that they end at 9pm our time, this costs you 10 cents...

Make sure to offer two shipping options, Parcel Post and Priority Mail, and figure your package at 2-3lbs(unless it's a big or heavy bottle), that will be asked when you set up your shipping costs and methods.

epackage

Reaction score
Good pictures and the bottles details are always a good idea, and check your spelling after you do your write up...

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause