Ebay?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
For buy it now, for a low priced item, they charge $.50 to post it. You are also given 50 free auction style listing per month. After an item sells they take a final value fee 8.5-9.5% depending on listing type.
Ebay calculates all these fees and invoices you once a month.

Paypay takes I think 3% which is taken right out the buyers payment.

Shipping for a bottle should range from $3-6 depending on weight and where its going.
Printing shipping labels through Ebay can save money as you get the commercial rate, and delivery confirmation cost $.19 instead of I think $.65 or $.85 at the post office
Insurance on Glass is recommended but I usually dont bother on items under $50

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
As for now the first pic is free and each additional cost $.15 if you upload them through Ebay.

If you know anything about html you can upload them to photobucket or flickr and insert them into your listing

July 2nd Ebay will allow 12 free pics on all listings

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
You can pay with with Paypal, Direct pay from your checking account, Auto Pay Credit Card, or Check

Topusmc

Reaction score
Don't forget that with a PayPal card you can use it like an ATM card and just take cash right out of the ole ATM. You just have to set up a pin number on PP. I find that I get the most for my stuff when I have the auction closing between 8-9 pm and Sunday. So if you list on Sunday run a 7 day auction, or Tue run a 5 day auction. I would not run less than 5 days or more than 7.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Most buyers prefer Paypal because the transaction is covered that way. I'd say mention checks if you want, but 99% of buyers would use Paypal

Well Said Conner! I wouldn't even bid on an item that doesn't take paypal, just a big red flag for a crooked dealer, not that all are, but most are. Also, if you want your buyers to trust you, accept returns. "No returns allowed" is another red flag for me. You need all the bidders you can get to get fair prices for your items. When you do list, put a link for your auctions on the forums, I'd like to see your items...good luck....Bill

sparrow75

Reaction score
From my experience with eBay and PayPal, but the time you pay Final Value Fee (eBay), Final Shipping Fee (eBay), and PayPal fee, you loose about approx. 20% or so.

eBay now charges a percentage of the shipping cost, which I assume was a way to make sellers not over charge shipping.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: sparrow75

From my experience with eBay and PayPal, but the time you pay Final Value Fee (eBay), Final Shipping Fee (eBay), and PayPal fee, you loose about approx. 20% or so.
I just sold a bottle for $142.50....total cost to me was 13.18%, that is all fees including listing, 30 day fee, starting time fee and shipping and Paypal Fees

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Topusmc

Don't forget that with a PayPal card you can use it like an ATM card and just take cash right out of the ole ATM. You just have to set up a pin number on PP.
He's too young for a Paypal card...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
eBay now charges a percentage of the shipping cost, which I assume was a way to make sellers not over charge shipping.

that is what fleabay would like buyers to think.

If I was dishonest and I previously sold an item for $1 and charged $9 shipping to get around fees I would now sell it for $10.50 with free shipping since there is no point distributing the cost across shipping.

More likely I'm an honest seller and I previously sold the item for $9 and charged $1 shipping , now I Sell the item for $9 and have to charge $1.50 for shipping to cover increased fees.

Its just a way for them to get money from sellers that they werent accessing and cost goes up for all users.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause