Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Edison Battery Oil

Rockhounder55

Jul 22, 2008
Winnemucca, NV.
One of my favorite places to walk the dog is along the railroad tracks. One can always find some good "junk" along them. A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon 2 different little bottles embossed with Edison Battery Oil of Bloomfield, NJ. A quickie Google search turned up the fact that they are post 1915, as there was a fire at the plant in Orange, NJ, and it was moved to Bloomfield in 1915. They don't seem to be worth much which is unfortunate because I was hoping I could retire if I sold them. I'm going to make my first attempt at uploading a picture here, so I hope it works.

Rockhounder55

Jul 22, 2008
Winnemucca, NV.
Thanks for sharing your pics, Bill. Your little bottle from Orange, NJ is too cool. I've since found an area where there's 8-10 broken Edison bottles. Not sure if it's worth the time to try and find all the pieces and glue them back together.

Brains

Sep 2, 2006
Hilliard/columbus ohio
where theres edison bottles, theres normally a railroad signal tower or somthing like that, insulators, and a battery box nearby. Where theres an old battery box, theres batery jars and in some cases battery rest insulators. I've been walking along railroads for nearly 4 years now, been all over the place and i have yet to see 1 edison bottle, or old battery box. I have found interesting shards of bottles though, nothing whole. Did find a square ACL milk in PA once, forget where though. Near Kane.
Anyways, from what i know the round bottles are newer more common ones and the flatter ones are a bit tough to find. Nice job, keep an eye out for insulators where your lookin for those bottles, especially battery rest insulators.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RachLong80