Egg Beater and some kind of Scooper

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Look what I found today. I was tired and sat down under a tree to rest when I felt something poke me and got up and saw a rusted metal tip and pulled it out of the dirt. Too bad it's rusted so bad the handle wont turn. I think I'll just throw it away. The second thing I found in the same spot was this weird scooper. It's made out of metal and wood combined.

eggbeater.jpg

scoop1.jpg

scoop2.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Peter, Its a bakers scoop. Someone probable used it for a feed scoop.

Your right, the beater is beat.[sm=lol.gif]

Cool though.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey... Hey... Hey... CAP and Peter...

Can you guys be serious for a minute?

This bottle digging and collecting is serious stuff!!![>:] We don't want to hear anything about you guys "beating" anything!!!... or "scooping" anything[>:]

What you need to do is very Gently, remove as much of the delicate top soil from the immediate area in which you located these early American farm & kitchen implements...
and then, once you find indications of glass and pottery fragments...

Dig a big HOLE... a Big hole and find the bottles, clean them up and post photographs of them on the forum...[:)] That way. we can admire your finds, advise you how to clean them and then... and THEN...

WE can invade your rivers... your streams... your ponds and lakes... with SCUBA gear! HA HA HA HAAAA.... underwater with no one watching. No one interfereing. No one telling us that we can or can not search for... to hunt for... to dig for ... or to grab, feel ... to hold and collect the "Glass" that we so desperately seek!!!! YES... the "GLASS" that evades us!!!! [:mad:]

WE WILL NOT BOW TO THE PRESSURE OF ANY GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY... NO ENTITY... NO FORCE... NO ARMY... NO ONE CAN KEEP US FROM OUR "BOTTLE" DESTINY...!!!

.(sigh... )... except for our wives!?!????...[:-] and our significant others...

Sorry... I got excited for a moment... sometimes I get carried away when it comes to bottles and glass![:D][sm=lol.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=tongue.gif][&o] Guess I had too much coffee today... need some Cokkoler ah giss...

might have a shot or two of rum with it as well.

Wayne

card

Reaction score
Wayne....you are too funny. :) Thanks for making me laugh today. I needed that! [:)]

tombstone

Reaction score
An egg beater and flower scoop under a tree... my first thought is a couple little girls playing house, making mud pies, etc. No doubt they lost more than those two items under that tree.

Reaction score
Well I went back to the tree and found a tin cup, and a bottle. I dug for hours and that's all I found. I will go back tomorrow and keep digging some more just in case.

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Nice! Don't throw away the egg beater. Somebody who likes old kitchen tools might like to have it and clean it up for display. Seems like no matter what we find, even if we don't want it, there's some collector out there who would love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday