Electric Medicines

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Gunth, you're an electrical engineer.. tell us, is there any chance any of these "electric" substances actually held a charge?? Or was it just a mysterious and deceptive description, from back when so few people had an inkling what "electric" actually meant? I suppose the same question could apply to "magnetic" products...

No, they didnt hold any charge , it was just a gimmick. many were liniment type products which applied to the skin gave a cold or burning feeling that could be imagined to be 'electric'

GuntherHess

Reaction score
All I could read was "Electric" Brand Bitters from Chicago,Ill.. I only got part of the name CKLEN & CO. because it was broken before the C.

H E Bucklen & Co. I posted the photo of one on the website.

Lordbud

Reaction score
I have one similar that you list as "JAFFE'S ELECTRIC PAIN EXPELLER" but don't have my camera with me today to take a picture.

My example is embossed "JAFFE'S ELECTRIC PANACEA" and would appear to be 1890 - 1900 in age, perhaps even 1910.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would love to have a photo of a Jaff's bottle if you get a chance.
I would agree they seem fairly late. I dont know much about them and I havent seen an Advertisement or labeled one. Do you know what city they are from?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1