June's been good to me! Bottles, Jars, Signs, and License Plates!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
These are a mix of river walking finds and dump digs from the past month; the dump was used from about 1947 (could be as early as about 1940) to 1962, when the town moved it to a different location. Most people don't take bottles from that time period, but I enjoy the hunt and look for anything that is odd, interesting, embossed, or simply appealing to the eye.

First visit to the dump yielded a few things; I was more of scoping out the location to see if it was viable at this point. The plates were from 1958 (right) and 1961 (left), and the large item in the back right is a ceramic insulator.
UGu7ot3.jpg
tovA8Xg.jpg

This one is a mix of two different river walks; one nearby to the dump above, and another one in a completely different location. The two bottles and two pipe pieces are from the second river; the sign, license plate, milk glass, and other small jars were from the river near the dump site. The beer bottle is from the Continental Brewing Company in Boston, MA (from what I can find open 1896-1901), and the wine bottle has whittle marks up the neck (both need to be tumbled). The license plate is a 1931 one, and is in OK shape (a few rust holes have poked through), but that Gulf sign was the find of the day!

mMhp9s0.jpg
gKlh161.jpg
JKjmqLC.jpg
kM4i9xT.jpg
eq9Ubb4.jpg
E1RPo6w.jpg
BuuxHgA.jpg
DqLcYC3.jpg
QKw2lLX.jpg
0cIRWD7.jpg

Last dig is from last week, where I actually dug at the large 40s-60s dump. Most of these were taken because they caught my eye - embossing, different colors, styles, or milk glass. Most of these are not rare, but I either wanted to add to my collection or they caught my eye! This plate is a 1930 one, and is in honestly amazing shape. I'll probably end up restoring this one.

iZFPWNE.jpg
HHFDUgF.jpg
Y1NJmgY.jpg

Hoping to get out at least one more time this month - and hop the finds continue to be good!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Gulf sign is a fantastic find! Even considering the hole, it's in great shape for a river find.

Fenndango

Reaction score
Could you post a some photos of the porcelain insulators? That three part multi in the first picture missing the top looks nice.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Could you post a some photos of the porcelain insulators? That three part multi in the first picture missing the top looks nice.
I'll be first to admit I have little to no knowledge about insulators, and even less in porcelain ones. Here's some more pictures of that one - tried to rotate it around to see the color in the light.

PTaEtQf.jpg
izlOYWR.jpg
mQq2It6.jpg
NVxceix.jpg
eBdoqi3.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice Gulf sign. was there any old rusty dented Beer Cans in any of these Dumps? Curious as I collect those? LEON.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Nice Gulf sign. was there any old rusty dented Beer Cans in any of these Dumps? Curious as I collect those? LEON.
I've started to keep an eye out for those - most of the ones I've seen the graphics have oretty well become sun faded or worn off. I'll be sure to look for any that are in solid shape.

Fenndango

Reaction score
Looks like Ohio Brass company glaze

LITTLE RHODY

Reaction score
I'll be first to admit I have little to no knowledge about insulators, and even less in porcelain ones. Here's some more pictures of that one - tried to rotate it around to see the color in the light.

PTaEtQf.jpg
izlOYWR.jpg
mQq2It6.jpg
NVxceix.jpg
eBdoqi3.jpg
There is an insulator club in New England. It is called The Pole Cat Insulator Club. They should have a site on line. You might want to reach out to them for some information on this insulator. Bill Rose, Little Rhody Bottle Club, 508-880-4929

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen