elixir labeled bottle 1929

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lacolobiger

Reaction score
Hello: I'm back again:) Got this out of the ally trash befor it got to the dump. I'm wondering if anyones got info on it. Looked it on e-Bay. Couldnt find anything. It has a manufactures date on it (MFGD 1929). Alcohol not over 22%. Contains nutritive medicaments in properly blended old california wines. A valuable reconstructive tonic for use in general run down condition of the body. Appetizer and Blood Stimulative. Revelives Fatigue. This product is manufactured under authority of internal revenue dept. permit no. cal. n. T100. CALIFORNIA MEDICINAL WINE CO. V.A.I. BROTHERS. sole producers. Lower left hand corner it says 1926 trade mark reg.u.s. pat. off. very bottom of label it says THIS TONIC NOT TO BE USED AS A BEVERAGE. bottom of bottle has a 5 pointed star with an S in it . also the no.4 off to the left of the star. Has anyone seen this? What do you know about it? Did I waste energy bending over to pick it up??:)

Jh16119.jpg

Attachments

• Jh16119.jpg
    Jh16119.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 66

lacolobiger

Reaction score
last one unless someone wants to see the bottom...

Jh14654.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14654.jpg
    Jh14654.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 68

doorsmaniac

Reaction score
Could be something it was manufactured during the Prohibition. Medicinal Alcohol sales grew 400%. The Bottle you have sounds like it was one of those medicnal alcohols that served no purpose other than getting you drunk. I dont know if monetary value is anything, but i would say the historical value is pretty cool even though it was manufactured towards the end of prohibition and just about anyone could get there hands on alcohol during that time of prohibition.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles