Embossed “Brain Food†Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleman

Reaction score
Embossed “Brain Food†Bottle

Here’s the weirdest name I have ever seen on a bottle! Its embossed with John Allen Chemist New York Brain Food. Its mold blown and came out of a 1870s privy last year. My friend and I also dug 65+ Hosetters bitters, 20+ Hooflands German bitters, 1 browns iron bitter, 1 Doyle’s hop bitters, and a ton of other nice bottle out of the same hole. There was only one yellow hostettes and the rest were deferent shades of amber. What a privy! Yet I still have to find the pontiled hole in that yard but its in the back of the yard and its all ash so I cant find it even with my five foot probe. Any ways, we dug 7 of these brain foods and I only have two left but was wondering if anyone had ever herd of it before?

~~Tom

Rp42303.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42303.jpg
    Rp42303.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 56

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
RE: Embossed “Brain Food†Bottle

Hey Tom, sounds like the land-owner liked his meds[;)]. I've never heard of the Brain food before but I did find a pre-digested food company [:'(] bottle once.

Bottleman

Reaction score
RE: Embossed “Brain Food†Bottle

Nope, its not a Harper's Brain Food. Its just says John Allen Chemist New York on one side and Brain Food on the other. Even if this bottle is worth $1 or $100 i will always keep it beacuse of the strange name and to remember the dig that it came out of with.

~~Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1