embossed pharmacy symbols

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Delta Digger

Reaction score
Your full of a lot of good info there Wilkie..maybe norcal and i could meet up some time..you going to the auburn show?

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Delta Digger

Your full of a lot of good info there Wilkie..maybe norcal and i could meet up some time..you going to the auburn show?
Thanks Ryan, people frequently tell me I'm full of it.............[sm=lol.gif] When is the Auburn show? I will defineatly go, I've been to it the last few years, that's one of my favorites. Yeah, I'd like to meet you and Nick.

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
hey wilkie, the show is dec. 6th, but this time you have to say something when you see me, i will try to look out for you but Elivs could have been walking around the Downieville show and i would have never noticed, i had beer, whiskey and soda goggles on.

Wilkie

Reaction score
Thanks Nick, I've marked my calandar. I know what you mean, when I'm at these shows, I don't notice much beyond whats on the tables. You can usually tell it's me, I'm the big guy with his mouth open and drool dripping down his chin, (wait, that's what most of the guys look like at bottle shows). Anyway, yeah, I'll speak up if I see ya. At the Downieville show I wasn't sure if that was you or not, but when I got home I looked at your myspace and realized that yeah, it was you.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Looks like Mr. Bakke won the Leipnitz bottle.

ORIGINAL: Wilkie

ORIGINAL: Lordbud

Here is a decent rotated pic of the G. Leipnitz bottle from San Francisco with the coiled serpent. I'd be bidding if I didn't already have an example of this one. Leipnitz produced several embossing variations but only used the serpent with this particular mold. All kinds of filagree and address info make this really attractive as far as druggist bottles go.

Thanks Jason for the heads up. This is one I don't have so I will be bidding on it. It's a nice bottle and one that I haven't seen before.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Those embossing symbols are generic patterns that were offered by glassmakers to the pharmacy industry. The individual chose whatever pattern suited his needs and his budget. Some figured that a fancy bottle would enhance their sales, while most used something simpler, such as only their name and city address. The "game" is still played today.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal