embossed with coke in them

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PCBrandi

Reaction score
Today I went to a local flea market looking for some new finds......I added 5 more bottles to my collection. Two of them are are coke bottles with coke in them. I still have no clue what I am looking at. These two are embossed and are the hobbleskirt shape. They both are 6 oz. and on the bottom theyboth say brooklyn NY refund 5 cent (it has the cent symbol not the word spelled out) beneath that it has letters CT NYNA Anyone know anything about them?
The other three bottles that I found were milk jugs.

dshaneb

Reaction score
On a bottle that doesn't have a date on the bottom, if you look on the side of the bottle around the area where the wide, low area slims down the most as you are coming up the bottle, you will most likely find a pair of numbers on one of the raised areas. I have one with 52-76 and another with 62-04. I am fairly certain the 52 and the 62 are the year of manufacture, 1952 and 1962. I'm not sure what the other numbers are for, maybe the bottling plant or other code. I have found that the ones with a two digit date on the bottom do not have these numbers on the side.

Go here for more coke info:
http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/

Hope that helps,
Shane

PCBrandi

Reaction score
Thanks.....Mine only have two numbers on each one. But that helps if it is the year??? Does your bottle have BOTTLE PAT'D DEC 25, 1923 under the Coca Cola Script? Mine has that on one side???
Know anything about milk bottles?

dshaneb

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know about milks.

That site I put the link up to says the cokes with the DEC 25, 1923 patent were made from 1928 to 1938, so if two of your numbers fall into those years, I would say that was the date. Check out the "Hobbleskirt Coke" section on that link I put up. It explains the basics. Nice finds, those are pretty early cokes, just the second hobbleskirt set of the five.

Shane

PCBrandi

Reaction score
Thanks for the link....I read some more on it and it looks like they are going to be christmas cokes....i think that is what they are called :) I paid only $1.00 each. The lady I got them from didn't know anything about them which I can't say much I didn't really know what I was buying either. Looked interesting still had coke in them I decided what the heck only a dollar right?
I picked another bottle that was cool too. Not worth anything but I like it... it is a 2004 daytona bike week addition coke.
I looked at the milk bottles on ebay looks like alot of people collect them as well. Pretty popular.
Thanks again though

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
PCBRANDI make sure them cokes arnt repops they did that with them xmas cokes the repops have lite embossing on the sides all ive seen say denver colo. on base they came in six packs dont get me wrong still nice collectibles though worth what u paid i have one with a great big chunk out of the back lol whosyerdaddy!!!

PCBrandi

Reaction score
I checked out the site in the previous post and it does not look like a repro. So that is a good thing I guess. This is really starting to get interesting the more I find on them. :) Does anyone know the difference between ACL and pyro?

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
pc im not really sure but i think one is heat applied and the other isnt???????? whosyer daddy!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey