EMMETSBURG BOTTLING WORKS BOTTLE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blissfulfinds

Reaction score
I HAVE SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW AND HAVE FOUND VERY LITTLE INFORMATION ON THIS BOTTLE, CAN ANYONE HELP? I WILL ATTACH A PICTURE AND IT ALSO HAS AN S IN THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS. LET ME KNOW IF MORE INFORMATION IS NEEDED.

Attachments

• AC103EDA398C47B1863ACED1FE3833C2.jpg
    AC103EDA398C47B1863ACED1FE3833C2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 113

surfaceone

Reaction score
Happy New Year, Missi,

Welcome to the A-BN, and thanks for bringing the Hutchinson soda bottle. How'd you come upon it?

Did you see Chris' Schirmer Emmetsburg? Check the listing in the Hutch Book.

I believe they later got into Ice Cream, though, by then, they were under different ownership...

"Emmetsburg Ice Cream & Bottling Works (Roy P Atkinson)" 1922 Iowa Directory.

"P.J. Clausen Sells Out
P.J. CLAUSEN informs us that he has sold his ice cream and bottling factory
in this city to Roy ATKINSON. He has for several years been one of the most
successful business men of our community. He has not yet announced any
definite plans for the future. We shall be very sorry to lose Mr. and Mrs.
CLAUSEN. Mr. ATKINSON is an energetic, deserving young man and will no doubt
succeed in his new venture. We wish him success." Emmetsburg Democrat, October 13, 1920.

westbrook,%20harry.jpg

druggistnut

Reaction score
You might consider writing these folks, after you read this story and then go to their home page>>

http://www.emmitsburg.net/archive_list/articles/places/business/mary_hoke.htm

Go down until you find the name Herman Stonesifer (in the left column) in this link>>

http://books.google.com/books?id=MKJRAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA1-PA64&lpg=RA1-PA64&dq=emmitsburg+bottling+works&source=bl&ots=dKHMaqi2fT&sig=Yysbq_B6UxKIqSoIcfyr7rHM2zE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MLrnUIWsCJHvrAG8loCIAw&ved=0CEEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=emmitsburg%20bottling%20works&f=false

druggistnut

Reaction score
EMMITSBURG BOTTLING WORKS----OK, go 3/4's of the way through here to paragraph #108. It gives you the exact location of the bottling works.>>

http://archive.org/stream/historyofemmitsb00helm/historyofemmitsb00helm_djvu.txt

The S on the bottom of the bottle is for Stonesifer, by the way...

Gunther (Matt)- This contains so much good info about the Frederick area-- early druggists, taverns, when water was piped in, etc, etc... If you have never read this, you'll find a treasure trove of info in that link.

Luck-
Bill

blissfulfinds

Reaction score
Thanks for soooo much information. I am glad I signed up. It is from Iowa, I found quite a bit of this stuff, but nothing on the actual bottle of this shape. It is definitely spelled EMMETSBURG and from that town Iowa. Seems to be a bit of a rare bottle. I got this from a friend of mine that does digs and found it deep in the ground in Michigan. Thank goodness it didn't get broken!!
Thanks again,
Missi

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR