etched Bitter bottle mispelled? perfume ? bar? tell me 4 sale!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nurdreams68

Reaction score
I have aquired this bottle and would like anybody's help identifing it and if your interested make me an offer . it looks kinda like a barbers bottle / perfume bottle it has etched into it the word BILLERS etched in white with etched designs around it~ it is in a super nice glass containger looks to be crystal. anybody interested? or any infor will help! the only thing i know is that its old!
i have more pics email me nurdreams68@aol.com

156043BEA1824CF8A14E9F5B8C2E0DF6.jpg

Attachments

• 156043BEA1824CF8A14E9F5B8C2E0DF6.jpg
    156043BEA1824CF8A14E9F5B8C2E0DF6.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 89

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
RE: etched barber bottle? perfume ? bar? tell me 4 sale!

Hi Wendy -
It should say Bitters. Maybe they forgot to cross their Ts.[:D]

nurdreams68

Reaction score

SO are you telling me that I have a fortune ? a goldmine? ha ha ... just kidding ... but anyway what kinda value

welddigger

Reaction score

just letting you know it's a "barback" bottle. Would sit on a shelf behind a bar and used much like a decanter. Dates from 1890-1910 or in that general area. Theres also one with other types of liquor on them, ie. kummel, brandy and such. As of value they range a pretty wide spectrum. I've seen them at dealers stands for 80$ with stopper and I've seen the same bottle at shows for 30$ or less, the bitters might add some value? Try ebay maybe, good luck!!

Flaschenjager

Reaction score

Hi Wendy -
In reply to your email, Welddigger has some good ideas about its value and where to look for it. You don't mention its size, but judging from others like it I'd say that it is smaller than a back bar bottle. My opinion is that it is a dresser bottle or decanter and part of a set. I say this because as a cologne collector, I run into listings of this bottle with cologne etched on them, like yours above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday