Ever seen one?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I have a neat little bottle. It is a "Brewsters Medicated Electricity". Cobalt blue, 3" tall, 3/4" x 3/4" square with beveled corners. It has a label that reads: "Inhale through the nostrils until water starts from the eyes. Repeat as often as desired. Keep corked when not in use." It is embossed with "Brewsters Medicated Electricity" on the 3/4 x 3/4 bottom.

I also have a pontiled Dr. J. Moore's "essence life", a Nathan Wood's lung balsam with labels and contents (those I purchaced), a Carters amber cone 1897 ink, and a salts bottle with origonal stopper and citrus scented contents (I dug them!).

Can anyone shed some light on these bottles, particularly the Brewsters M/E ? How common? Values? I am an amature digger who only has the dreaded "Kovels Bottle Price Guide" to go by...not much use to me.

Us54359.jpg

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A shot of my "Skodas Discovery" sarsaparilla with both labels, the brewsters, and a 1/2 pint amber flask. It has an applied top, a bulbous neck (Can it be called a ladys leg neck?) and looks to have been re-fired.

In the background you can see my winter hobby- My 2004 Arctic cat F-7 EFI Silver Fighter edition.[:mad:]

Bz77913.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77913.jpg
    Bz77913.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 62

David E

Reaction score
is it? BEFORE 1900 >> Ever seen one? Page: [1]
Login Message
[:)] Took a while but found Brewsters Cholera Mixture Advertised in 1872 Light Green 4 3/8" by 1 3/16"

Certain Cure Permanent Brewers Lung Restorer Advertised 1887 amber 7"x?
Certain Cure Permanent Brewers lung Restorer
Cures Bronchitis Cures Consumption Amber 9 1/4"X3"x1 1/2"

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey OT, it's my understanding that a sled just like that one passed by the Old Man On the Mountain just before he fell[8D] Something to do with the shock waves of the sound barrior being broken[:D]

kastoo

Reaction score
I have a certain cure and I am wondering it's value..I just had it tumbled

appliedlips

Reaction score
Old timer,concerning your Brewster's bottle.How did you come across it?I am a digger and collector that spent some years in Dover,NH..There was a company from there called brewster's.They bottled several different medicine extract bottles in the 1890's or so.I have not seen this one but good chance being your proximity it is from Dover.Does the label give you any info.Doug

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Brewsters Medicated Electricity supposedly from Holly Michigan.
Somewhat common, worth about $15-20, label should add to that.
Most cobalt medicines other than super common ones are pretty collectible.

The J. Moores... I assume its pontil flared lip. Worth maybe $30-50 depending on condition. Dont see them often , it may sell well.

-Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4