Excavating foundation-Lotsa bottles! What to keep, what to toss?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Book N Curio Shoppe

Reaction score
Hi VTspring:
I will try to post some photos this Saturday. They are soaking right now to remove dirt.
Yes, I love my job, except for in the Winter! [&:]
Right now it's wonderful![:)]
I did post photos in "What's this post 1900 forum". It's a twisted aqua bottle 2 ft. tall. Not from this site, from a garage sale.
Any ideas?
CSJ

Book N Curio Shoppe

Reaction score
OK everyone!
Am posting collection photos from that foundation excavation on "What is it: Post 1900" forum. Thanks for all your help!
Any further ID help would be great! The embossed bottles I am researching include the ribbed Orange Crush, Coke, some of the whiskey bottles and local soda bottlers. Anything that's not embossed I don't have a clue about! Some of this may be older than 1900 now that I have studied the lip dating posted on the Digger Odel site. A few applied square band and applied taper and double collar. I have close ups of most of the bottles, if further detail need.

Thanks!
CSJ

SmallTownGirl

Reaction score
"Federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle"
This is from my 2007 bottle book(Bottle pricing guide by Hugh Cleveland,values updated 2007)
"All bottles bearing the legend "FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS THE RE-USE OR RE-SALE OF THIS BOTTLE" are contemporary and are not generally desirable."
I found a bottle I thought was very cool and attractive was disappointed when I read that.. !

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey,
Its good you are taking the time to collect them and research them. If you like history you will love this hobby (addiction). You will find the need to go get a "bottle fix", dug or purchased or you will start to get a bottle "Jones".

Knowledg is power so here are some sites to help you identify the age of your bottle. Color is another aspect to value. Pontils scars are another thing to watch for. There are bitters, medicines, apothecaries, inks and the list goes on. There is a market for most older bottles. Some are more desired than others. Those are rare rather than common.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:TeYSjAv70MQJ:www.antiquebottles.com/dating.html+bottle+dating&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Here is my favorite site for identifying and dating bottles. It was put together by a forum member.
http://www.sha.org/bottle/dating.htm

Welcome to the forum.

Also, welcome to the other Vermonter here. Cookie is also a fellow Vermonter and so is JustGlass. Cookie and I are thinking about starting a Vermont Bottle Club. Interested in becoming a charter member?
Ep

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem