Fake Citron Davis Vegetable Pain Killer?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

The easiest way to spot a coated bottle is to look through the the lower base glass from one side of the bottle or the other. If the bottle was aqua and coated on the outside, the color will appear off a bit at this thickest area of glass, usually with a bluish tint. If coated inside, the original color will be more obvious. Stained or coated clear bottles are a little tougher to detect, but a keen eye can spot them. Since there's a good view of the base area in the pic, I can say with a strong amount of certainty that this is an original, unaltered color.

yes good point. if it was coated on the inside you wouldnt see the color through the base glass like this example shows.

when they dip them in the stained glass paint often the outer and inside surfaces are both coated. The thicker areas of the glass let less light pass making the coating itself look darker in those areas. Its very hard to tell. I dont think this one is coated, just saying a picture tells a thousand words, and they could all be lies... without the bottle in hand its impossible to say for sure...

what up Coolbottles, finally come around to the blue pages? ready to build some stairs in 100+ heat? lol

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Same here.. I hope the buyer is a member here and will give us the final word on it.. I still believe it has a CLEAR coat, and NOT a color alteration... but yeah, the truth is only known when the bottle is in hand..[;)]

probe buster

Reaction score
Positive feedback was left by both buyer and seller, so it appears the buyer was at least content with the bottle and didn't suspect anything unusual.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2