Fancy embossed Double Eagle Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Blackglass

Reaction score
Hi all,
new guy here. I've been collecting and digging for 4 years now, and I've had a few bottles I just can't identify, including a very nicely embossed "Double Eagle Pure Rye Whiskey". I was wondering if anyone has any info on this bottle, and its value. I'll post some pictures (hopefully) when I get my webcam up and running. Heres the discription:

Approx.7 1/2 in. tall by 3 1/2in. wide; clear glass with some seed bubbles and a brass colored aluminum screw cap; square flask shaped with an indented front. Most likely dates from the early 30's to the mid 40's, machine made, but not Owens. It is embossed on the front with two eagles flying above the words DOUBLE EAGLE, which is in the center of the bottle face. Under that are the words (in smaller letters) PURE RYE, and under those, WHISKEY. In between the words PURE and RYE are two lightly detailed embossed double eagle $20 coins, and under the word WHISKEY, another flying eagle on the left hand corner. On the back is an outline of a shield (where a lable would go) and two more eagles, one under and one above the shield. The whole bottle is covered (with the exeption of the inside of the shield) with small, thin, embossed crescents, which I belive are supposed to represent eagle talons, but actually look more like toenail clippings to me [:D]. The base is thick with an ejector ring. it is marked with a 1 on the left side and an M on th right. It was dug in my own 1910's-1955's trash pit in central NH.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all, love the site!
Mike

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
im thinkin if its machine made, its not gonna bring much, if anything. i dont want to degrade your find, because any find is a good find. however monetarily, its not gonna pay the bills.

Blackglass

Reaction score
No, it does not have any "Federal law prohibits......." on it. So my best guess would be from the prohibition era. It was certainly not made after 1965, because it isn't perfect enough and thats not the date of my trash pit.I'll post a picture soon.

Blackglass

Reaction score
lets see if this works: heres the face

D246830B5BE5403C8D93A570DAA4F4B1.jpg

Attachments

• D246830B5BE5403C8D93A570DAA4F4B1.jpg
    D246830B5BE5403C8D93A570DAA4F4B1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics