Fancy Embossed Monogramed Jar/bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I got rained out of work for the last couple of days so what better thing to do then go bottle hunting at the old junk shops! This big aqua bottle measures 9 1/4" tall X 3 3/4" wide the lip is applied and it appears to be some type of food bottle does any one recognize the logo on it?

Xu62541.jpg

Attachments

• Xu62541.jpg
    Xu62541.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 53

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hello again![:)] After just going over every page in Zumwalt's book I found it! [:)] It is a J.V. Sharp Williamstown, New Jersey bottle. The specimen is exact !! and is the rare one... ahhh that was 8 bucks well spent lol[:D] Have a great day! Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Taz, nice catch![:)] Until just recently, I've been avoiding purchasing bottles at antique shops due to the absurd prices they're asking. When I've explained what the 'book value' is, some just shrug and don't budge. This is coastal Maine, they price their stuff for the tourists! That being said, I've hit a few more 'junky-type' shops, where you can wander through shelves and piles of 'stuff'.[8D] I've hooked up with a couple of shop owners who offer 'dealer pricing' and also are willing to trade some of theirs for some of mine. If only I could get my hands on some more MOM, Vicks, etc., the shop owners love them because thay cant' keep them on the shelves. They're more than willing to trade me one of those 'old plain aqua cure bottles',(some with pontils!), for a few of those 'Great Blue Bottles'![:D]

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Norm how many do you need I got tons of both! cases!!! vatronal's too... They dont have a high value but I always cart them home.....[:mad:] If you really want some give me a hollar... Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the offers[:)] But I really don't plan on 'importing' any of those common blues at this time[8D]. I was just attempting to pass along an idea that may help fellow forum members get rid of them with a positive return. But tell you what, I'm going to run the idea of some large lots of these past some 'junk/antique dealers over here. If they have an interest, maybe we could get something going.....hmmmm. To be continued.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter