favorite book or resource

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
I thought i would post the question. What is your favorite book or resource for information about the bottles you collect.
i use the following

Rick Sweeney's ACL book - the one sodapopbob was selling
American antique medicine bottles 2006 by Matt Knap i believe still an active member of the site
I just ordered Mountain Dew: Hillbilly Bottles Dick Bridgforth after seeing a member post something about this book
also just ordered Coca Cola Commemorative Bottles (Coca-Cola Commemorative Bottles: Identification & Value Guide) it was realy cheap on Amazon.
There are a couple others i use but they are in the truck right now

I collect mostly soda bottles but appreciate all glass and like to know what yall use for references. there is nothing worse than buying a book that really isn't worth the money. Are there any places that have books in Pdf format ive been doing searches over time and download lots of pdfs for future references.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to say my favorite bottle book is just a dumb auction catalog.
The Greer sale was just so unbelievable I still have trouble understanding how he collected that many rare medicines.
If I was him I would have built a small pyramid and had them all entombed with me.

BTW..
They ran that Matt Knapp fellow off, he was a trouble maker.
If you email me I'll tell him to send you a 2010 Medicine Guide. That 2006 one is horribly out of date.

flasherr

Reaction score
mknapp@antiquemedicines.com
This where i s should email? I know it is old but it has been a great help when out on road making choices about bottles i have little knowledge of. When you do talk to him tell him thank you for all the great work he has put into the hobby and lifestyle.

Is the Auction catalog available anywhere?

I always wanted the coke book about hobble skirts but i never could get the author to reply to my emails.

He must not be to bad of a guy since yall share the same name lol

surfaceone

Reaction score
2127441-L.jpg
41E13EAZ3VL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

wewillkill.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
41E13EAZ3VL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This, and of course this site.

ABN is also an invaluable resource. Half of what I learned, I learned here.

Then there is Tom Leavy... He taught me pretty much everything else... [8D] He's recommended me some books to get, maybe I will soon. I've been meaning to, but I'm po.

flasherr

Reaction score
2 people have mentioned Tom Leavy i am unfamiliar with him can some one please shed more light on him for me

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: flasherr

2 people have mentioned Tom Leavy i am unfamiliar with him can some one please shed more light on him for me

He's a NJ collector, and a great guy... I dig privies with him, and epackage and he both collect Paterson bottles... An unspoken hero in the world of bottles... [8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology