Favorite Texas Soda Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
I'll start this off. The "Schultz" closure Solyer bottle from Galveston is probably my favorite. Just a strange looking bottle...dates to roughly 1875. This is one of three styles of bottles that Solyer used.
That's a weird one! Looks like a Frankenbottle put together out of pieces of a couple different types.

GRACE ABOUND

BIRD SWING
Reaction score
Howdy 3 rivers . I Don't Collect 3 Rivers Bottles But I Have A Few .One Of Them Is One Of My Favorite Texas Bottle .Its Was Bottled In Livingston, Texas .The Other Is A Brown Seven UP From Houston Texas

Attachments

• IMG_0281[5491].jpg
    IMG_0281[5491].jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0728[6273].jpg
    IMG_0728[6273].jpg
    452 KB · Views: 64

Van

Reaction score
That's a weird one! Looks like a Frankenbottle put together out of pieces of a couple different types.
It’s a 6 oz bottle for an old dispensing machine! Longhorn is the trademark!

Clayton J. Migl

Reaction score
My favorite is this caveman hutch from Galveston. Runner up would be this blob. Canterbury & Curtis. It is a transition bottle as the Texas Bottling Works traded hands between the two gentlemen. Also, for some reason they anglicized the partners name. It is Cortes (which is how he list himself on all his other bottles) not Curtis. There are a couple of Texas codd. Bottles out there too, but I don't have a whole one to share.

For some reason the caveman hutch has never attracted me. Apparently I’m one of the only ones who doesn’t like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen