Finally.....hit a pontiled paradise!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NHbadger

Reaction score
Dam boy... getting a chubby just looking at them, Sorry girls.
SWEET FINDS keep em cumming Matty

Bill

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals for your AWESOME replies.....Every digger just dreams about finding those pontils......but as we all know pontiled bottles are OLD....and thin.......and easily broken.......if all the ones I found broken were intact I prolly would have about 30 to post......I just love digging history from the earth. I was thinking.......it's funny......eventually everything is condemned to the earth........even us? I hear a lot of bottle diggers say that therre are no dumps to dig.........they are out there...it just takes time, patience, and a ton of persistance.......

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
DF,
You aint kidding. Every saturday morning I have the privelage of bringing my families garbage to the town dump and I am always amazed at how much cubic space my family alone take up in trash every week. And this is from a family of faithful recylers. That alone is its own trip once every two weeks with a full eight foot bed. The families of yesterday surely did not have the vast amount of pre-packaging to dispose of but they certainly had their share of daily disposables. Now it is just up to preservationists like us to take the time to " Go get ur dug "

dirtflicker

Reaction score
YUP.........We need to GET ER' DUG before the developers do........how many pontiled bottles do they DESTROY with there machinery each day???..........COUNTLESS. It make me want to CRY......This is why we as bottle diggers need to ...........>

GET ER' DUUUUUUUUUG!!!!!!!!!
th_brandon-017.gif

capsoda

Reaction score
No kiddin, I can show you 2 acres of broken compacted pontils in a range from the 1600s to the 1800s thanks to city workers.

madman

Reaction score
hey df yep THAT IT WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!! CONGRATS MIKE

madpaddla

Reaction score
Dirt:

Continueing to amaze. Awesome stuff there. And pontil. Just great. Man I gotta get my hands on a few of those.. Keep me posted on how it goes. Move some dirt. And it wasn't real deep right?? WoW ! Madpaddla

dirtflicker

Reaction score
And it wasn't real deep right??

paddla, no...not deep at all. the ones I dug in the cellar hole were surface scratchs. The trash pit was a little less than 4ft, prolly more like 3 1/2 ft.

shadahoochie

Reaction score
WOW!!! Very cool! Nice finds, I am so jealous, I haven't dug a pontil yet, i'm still fairly new at this. I can't wait till i do, then maybe i can show off too[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide