Finally something this year!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jon_eldred

Reaction score
Thanx for all of the complements.
I Forgot to include some of things in the list of things I also found in my new spot.
I found around six stoneware beer bottles.
1. two Something, somthing, Williams beer bottles
2. D.I. Deland
3. Unembosed salt glazed beer bottle
4 Ginger beer
5. S.C. small
I also found the a broken red ware ovid jug around 1 gallon and a broken 1890's 2 gallon jug. the weird thing i found was a pewter plaque that had a floural design on top and said the guys name and under that the date of april 4 1897 then under that it said 39yrs 11mnths. 11days. but it was upstream from any cemetary. Also does any one know how much a Scheneck's pulmanary syrup bottle in teal would go for I found it in aqua only and also I think thats the name of it the broken bottom is in one of the pic.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Awesome Jon, those are some top notch bottles - I think you've been vindicated!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Jon...

Obviously you found a tag that goes to a casket. they were pewter and silver. What was the guy's name? Have you tried to contact any next of kin? Sometimes caskets do get washed away in floods and storms. So it would not be un-common to find something like that. Coldwater Diver found something similar to what you found and I think his was pewter also....

Great bottles!!!!!!!!!!![:)][:)] Thanks for posting

Wayne

cobaltbot

Reaction score
We have some similar things, not sure they are pewter, that are used as grave markers until a permanent stone is set. Sometimes they still mark the grave as no permanent stone was ever made.

jon_eldred

Reaction score
Southern maine diver his first name was Jacob but i'm afraid if i gave out the last name it would be entirely too easy for someone to find my new spot because i looked him up on the Mormon ancestral web site and he was there and it gave a particular area of the town in which he lived in. But I think since his last name is prettey common in maine i'm going to see if his name isn't on the town's list of people buried in there cemetarys.

daeldred

Reaction score
hey jon_eldred,

That's probably a pretty good idea about not telling folks about the guy's last name. We have some pretty smart people that browse the forum. One time, I heard about a guy that heard about another guy's spot at a bottle show. And wouldn't you know, the next week someone from out of town is on the spot. Luckily, the spot was pretty cleaned out at that point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc