finding digging sites

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bevyn

Reaction score
hey im kinda new at the bottle digging idea. I got into it when i found about 10 old bottles in a eroding area on my property and have search thurougly around it and there are no more. Now I need to find another spot [:(] but i dont know how. please help

p.s.
i watched this show where people dig for stuff like meteors and bottles and other stuff and i saw that they were using a probe but i dont know where i can get one or how to use it

im jealous of all your great diggs.. please give me some tips [:)]

Tony14

Reaction score
Did you try digging where you found those old bottles on your land? if not then that spot still could hold more.
Another good way to find stuff is to walk creeks or look in lower areas where there is a lot of metal lying around.

bevyn

Reaction score
yea i dug around it, im pretty sure this spot is empty, and it just so happens the eroding area is on a river and ive found pieces of metal [:)]

#1twin

Reaction score
Hey Bevyn, Old home sites out in the country are great places and sometimes hold very old bottles just under the ground. Look for the land dropping off into a valley or any kind of edge where they would have thrown out trash. Some time's if you look just over the back fence line you will find trash sites also. Hope this helps and good luck. Marvin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem