Finds from last night...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
I went and surface hunted a spot where some old houses got demolished. Right off, I spoted the big Ball Mason jar among the rubble. Then I found the smaller Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason jar. While searching around, I spotted the small honeycomb embossed jar. It has Ball embossed on the base. These were all laying on top of the ground and I think they may have been in the crawl space. The houses are pretty old (1800's) so I'm sure there is some older glass in the ground around there!? I scratched around some dirt piles where they had removed a huge tree earlier. I found the small Similac jar and then the flask. It's a screw cap, but has some neat embossing. "Full 1/2 Pint H.A.Gilbey Gin"... I like the diagonal embossing... it's pretty neat for an abm bottle. While I was searching the lots, a neighbor across the street came out and talked with me. They asked me to come look at something in thier backyard. It ended up being an old cistern that has sunken in a bit, exposing the brick walls. They said if I thought there were any old bottles down in there, I could come back and dig it out!!! I exchanged phone numbers and went back across the street to do some more probing. I believe some privies will be uncovered when the heavy equipment moves in. I'd like to find them before that happens!!! Any info on age or value of these amb pieces would be appreciated. I don't keep many machine made bottles, but I thought these were cool... Thanks, Chris

Ki18053.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18053.jpg
    Ki18053.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members