First Bitters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mukurogirl

Reaction score
Well I've been hoarding the find all to myself for the past two weeks so I tohught I'd share it with you guys. While out on what I thought would be a hopeless digging trip to a site I'd gone past my whole life... First we heard from my Uncle Short who's about 70+ years old that there used to be a place where two old men used to live when he was a boy. When he told use where their shack was I was disheartened. I'd rode past that spot my whole life with my father on our fourwheelers and I thought surely nothing was left from other treasure hunters.

Those old men must have been very paranoid because there were not one...but three layers of sharp fencing around the shack and surrounding area. The shack was nolonger there,but the slate pile it was built on had metal sticking out of it. I looked around the area and found nothing,but when my neighbor Ronnie pulled a milkbottle out of the slate hill the shack had to be on I went looking around it. There's a bank even higher above the small uprising the slate makes and right where the shack would have met the bank,nestled in the roots of a small tree were two Atwoods Bitter bottles. One was normal sized,but had a screwcap top,but the second one was cork and a little smaple Atwood bottle. I never thought we'd find bitter bottles in my area.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.