First Dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

caiteet

Reaction score
My husband has been digging for a while now and has really sucked me in! Usually, I'm just the researcher. I just found out I may be going on my first dig on Friday... Just me and the boys. In fact, I may be the first woman on any of their digs!

Any advice? Is there a "digger's code" I need to learn?

TIA!

K

bunchesofbottles

Reaction score
caiteet-I am fairly new to the forum myself but I can tell you from experience being out with the boys, if you are shorter than them which I am in excess, you can't seem to take those 6 foot steps that they do. Oh yeah i'll just soar right over that six foot whole you dug right in front of me,duh. Also, get a good fingernail brush. Gloves or not, it gets in there. Definitely get some good gloves.
Good luck, hope you have a great time

RedGinger

Reaction score
It really is addictive. I'm sure it won't be your last dig. You're going to get dirty, gloves or not, but wear them anyway. Bring water, snacks, and just dive right in. Don't pull too many buckets at first or you'll get tired. [:)] There's nothing special you have to do. Just have fun and perservere if you don't find a lot at first. Let us know what you find.
Laur

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Here is my code...When the hole your digging seems to be full of chit,rest if you must but don't you quit.[8D]

Look at my digs in action & My space link,thats what your in for.[:)] like Reds said its a HIGH lol Good Luck

bunchesofbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Here is my code...When the hole your digging seems to be full of chit,rest if you must but don't you quit.[8D]

LOL That would make a great tattoo

caiteet

Reaction score
I agree that digging has definitely become addicting! My husband is so excited when he comes home with a box of bottle to show off. He's planning all kinds of display cases and shelves. And I'm coming home everyday with another snipit of information or a picture or an article for him to read. We are really enjoying it! Even my two year old is commenting these days... "That's daddy's bottle!" and "That's poop dirt" are her two biggest comments!

I don't see myself having nice nails for a while!

Thanks everyone, and keep the advice coming!

K

jesster64

Reaction score
bug juice and a safety pin to keep shirt over butt crack(scuse my french)
water and a CAMERA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960