First find from local highway work!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Picklejar

Reaction score
Hello All, Happy Holidays! So recently Penndot has been tearing the neighborhood up in preparation for major I-95 work. I found a stretch located near a once famous port, where about 3 feet or more of dirt was scrapped off. Lots of bits and pieces popping up, and I might have located a pit! Anyway, after an initial scan I found this portion of a blank slugplate bottle, which was worth taking home. I also found a porcelain "PATD HUTTER" stopper, which is neato. Of course its only surface hunting as getting digging permission would be next to impossible, and I try soooo hard not to trespass[;)]! But who knows, more to come. Thanks for looking.---Joe

Little bit o the bubbly?

FD34604AE4FE471EB8CC7FEE3BE4B458.jpg

Attachments

• FD34604AE4FE471EB8CC7FEE3BE4B458.jpg
    FD34604AE4FE471EB8CC7FEE3BE4B458.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 48

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I love the bands of bubbles ! Too bad it got decapitated... good luck at that construction site.. if you get caught, we never heard of you..[8D]

lexdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pjritter

Highway stuff. Federal land.

It all depends. Have to do your research on things like this. At times adjoining Private Property can be disturbed. No better time to get permission than when the lot is all tore up anyway! I've always found that talking to the construction workers and being in the right place at the right time can yield good results. I've even had heavy equipment ops dig out cisterns and pits for me to get into "since we gotta dig it out anyway". Gotta Love it when you can just jump right in to the use layers or the trashy layers of a privy or cistern!!! Never hurts to ask about getting permission and talking to the folks there working.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Also... FOLLOW the Dump Trucks! I've seen a lot of privy and dump dirt get hauled out to the landfill or dirt places. Those guys can be cool enough to let you search and even dig through the piles if you take the time to do it. One of the BEST bottles I've ever seen dug came out of a pile of black privy dirt out at the topsoil place. LOL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229