First find this season...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
A few nights ago my wife and I were along a major business road in town when I noticed a for sale sign (25 acres) and an old brick gate post fronting some bush. The property was bordered on both sides by modern businesses, including a local newspaper. But when I saw that gate post I exclaimed 'There's a spot right there!'. Well my wife's not interested in my obsession so I had to explain quickly why I nearly bolted from the car.

Having spent nearly 1 1/2 yrs reading and learning from this site I was absolutely sure that this place could maybe possibly perhaps produce some good finds. So, 2 days later I headed out there. I scouted for over an hour before finally stumbing onto a great looking ravine dump. For this I really do thank everyone here but especially canadianboy for his direction and information on ravine dumps. I dug for maybe 3 hours and no deeper than a foot, but came up with many interesting shards and a dozen whole bottles....many surface finds. I have so far dated the dump to 1931 accoding to license plates. There's a whole 1930's Chevy truck there as well.

I haven't a camera yet but suffice to say that I will be heading back there ASAP and will list as best as possible all my finds.

Thanks ALL
Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter