First Finds of 2016 "TWO" Pontils

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
I would CHEW through solid river ice to get finds like those! Well, OK, maybe not chew, but dang! LOVE LOVE 'em! BTW, it's hilarious the censor starred out t--t in the single wording of salt water! Best laugh I've had so far this year! hahaha! Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
BTW, just what IS that gorgeous green Family Physic? Is there a name associated/embossed on it? Regardless, it is KILLER! Also would love to see some of the more "common" finds you mentioned, (so as not to feel too bad thinking all you find is embossed, error pontils!) Did I mention I LOVE those two? Esp that Langley's! Jack

coldwater diver

Reaction score
BTW, just what IS that gorgeous green Family Physic? Is there a name associated/embossed on it? Regardless, it is KILLER! Also would love to see some of the more "common" finds you mentioned, (so as not to feel too bad thinking all you find is embossed, error pontils!) Did I mention I LOVE those two? Esp that Langley's! Jack
Hi Jack just to be clear I did not find that FamilyPhysic, but that is a G.W.Stone Lowell Mass bottle. Thats me holding and taking a photo at same time. I saw it at the National Bottle Show in Manchester NH a few years back. The price on that bottle was $23 thousand. I believed it sold for 18 moments later at the show. I am looking to find one or a case of them. I did not realize the censorship there :)p ). Sal****er.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Jack here is the common stuff. Two or three pieces here got me excited the broke piece of redware, the potlid, and the almost whole cylinder (pretty sure it was a pontil base). There is a C Ellis and Son, a Magnesia, bottom half green strapside, couple inks a Bromo.

IMG_8554.jpgIMG_8555.jpgIMG_8571.jpgIMG_8572.jpg

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Thanks Cows, wasn't sure, I have about 7 Langleys of different persuasions, pontiled, different addys, and upside down nos and such, they are wonderfully crude bottles !!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Alan you are welcome to come diving whenever you are passing through to downeast. I went again today water temp was 32 degree and air was 23. I have to admit it was really cold. My feet got really cold after about 40 min. For those who dive this was still a wetsuit dive my last for now I will be switching to my drysuit until late spring. Found a couple of interesting bottles nothing w a pontil. I will post some pictures soon after I clean them.

POLECAT

Reaction score
Congratulations. Very nice bottles.

I worked for a dive company for two years and we were diving freshwater rivers in warm weather every day, sometimes right below sewage treatment plant discharges. I remember one site on the Westfield river, MA, where there were little pieces of toilet paper strung out all along the substrate... Never been sick from warm water diving, swimmers ear from time to time. I think winter diving sounds great though!

-Mason

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583