Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Finds of the day

PorkDaSnork

Jul 9, 2020
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Cold (for August) and windy today. Ideal conditions for dump digging. No bugs. Don’t overheat myself. Went digging. 4 new bottles. 2 are the same, both are small and are embossed with CONTENTS: 2 FL OZ in them. Found em next to each other. Then I pulled a small “P.D & Co” Amber bottle with (possibly?) original contents in it... liquid in it and I can’t get the damned cap off for the life of me. Gave up, thinking I might break the thing. Then pulled (in my opinion) the coolest one: a cobalt Wyeth Philadelphia. Unfortunately there is chips on the cap of the Wyeth. Let me know what ya think! Would like to know value, who P.D & Co were, and the bottle manufacturer of the 2 Fl Oz bottles.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
The PD & Co is most likely Park Davis & Company from Detroit Michigan. Since I'm from Detroit They are more common around here & I dig them occasionally. Congrats. LEON.

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
That Wyeth poison is a great find! Never seen that design before, real shame that it's got the lip damage.
And I agree with Leon that PD & Co is Parke Davis. Their bottles show up here a lot too, they had pretty wide distribution by the turn of the 20th century.

RCO

May 17, 2012
Ontario , Canada
there is a lot of those 2 oz bottles out there , I've found them before , not entirely sure what was in them , likely various different products used them back then .

but often flavouring extract came in them , although other products that required small bottles could of also used them

Huntindog

Aug 14, 2012
I've had luck heating the bottle (not the top) in warm++ water. not too hot, so it expands the neck and not the top.
Dip the bottle in a pan of warm+ water holding it by the top and let it warm up the neck a bit and gently try to twist the top loose.
Be careful... not to hot and the bottle not to cold.
I would wear gloves too, you don't know what is in there...
Just so you know this has ended up with a pan full of broken glass and me with a nice top with no bottle or a bottle with no top.
Try at your own risk..
Good luck

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crinferr