First Old Bottles Found In My Hime Town

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I always found it odd that all the years I have collected old bottles that not once did I ever find any old bottles in my home town , referring to bottles in the eighteen hundreds . Was quite a shock to walk upon these two beers in a garage sale in my home town last weekend . I can never think what the name of the closure is on these bottles . Its the one that has a ring inside the lip of the bottle . Then too , not sure if these are eighteen hundreds but are close to it if not . The one at left is a Lange Brewing Co. Piqua, Ohio , the other a Foss Schneider Brewing Company out of Cincinnati , Ohio . I asked the lady running the sale how they came to have them and she said her Husband collected bottles over the years and decided on a whim to send them with her . I gave her my name and phone number and told them to give me a call if her husband wanted to get rid of any more , but have never heard a thing from them . Any way , was glad to find them , course had to buy some tools as well lol .

Attachments

• 5f7bdde8eed44ed38f9af1133c7e9206.jpg
    5f7bdde8eed44ed38f9af1133c7e9206.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 73

LC

Reaction score
Yeah I know , took these pics in the garage about three thirty this morning , light not the best in there either . And yes , the Baltimore Loop was what I was reaching for .

sunrunner

Reaction score
hay , hi , what town are you from? Piqua ? OR Cincinnati ? If your from Piqua there is a dump on the Shawnee side of the river along the R R Tracks .also over the river on the north side on the right just over the bridge. and in Cincinnati well all over .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese