First underwater finds of 06

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne,
I looked up mercury or silvered glass and there were doorknobs but most of this kind of glass had two layers of glass with a silver substance between so I quess that one's ruled out. Whole nuther catagory of glass to collect. This one is Wiggin us out! [sm=rolleyes.gif]

idigit

Reaction score
great find ,I live in NH. I have been digging for a long time ,I just found this site ,I took some pics of my favs. I will post them soon ,good luck and have a great summer

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey gang...

Thanks for all of your input. I see no one has been able to find any information on Wiggin and Folsom... oh well.[&o]

Hi Sergio... the broken item in the back is the top to a very large (20 gallons plus) demijohn. Possibly held large quantities of water (MAybe wine!) Would love to have found it whole (and full of wine!), but the glass is so delicate and would not survive the bumpy ride along the bottom of the river, along the rocks and ledge... the top of the bottle is about as round as my wrist... it is impressive to say the least (Not my wrist...[:-] I meant the top of the bottle!)

Wayne

SergioWilkins

Reaction score
Sheesh, man... the demijohn, that is...
No worries, though - I'm sure your wrist is quite impressive, as well.
I mean, really, those insulators are awesome. Let me know if you turn up any more! Things like this make us insulator collectors do backflips! No offense, but I think in general there are less insulators out there than there are bottles! Or, they at least don't turn up as often in strange places like this!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Cleggy...

Hey Steph... Thanks for lookin at the post and we love to have new, young bottle collectors in this hobby and on the forum! This is the place to get answers to your questions, a direction to go in, enthusiasm, and sometimes comic relief!![:D]

Try putting some money aside and start collecting some of the bottle books... they have a wealth of information in them and some give helpful hints and ideas for digging bottles, how to tell the age, descriptions of shapes, colors, necks, tops, bottoms... they are a terrific reference sources. Knowledge is the key to the bottle digging and collecting!

Glad to have you aboard. And I will be posting more pictures some time soon. I am saving for an underwater digital camera and I will be posting plenty of photos in the coming months, so sit back and enjoy!

My fifteen year old got scuba certified last year and he loves it. He jumped right in and started rooting around in the mud looking for bottles... Kind of a chip off the old block, I guess...[&o] Now if I could just get him to do his homework, I'd be all set!!!![;)]

Wayne

Bixel

Reaction score
Well I must say, I love being young and knowing alot about bottles and insulators. You may get made fun of at school and such, but when you say "Oh I went digging in a backyard for three hours on the weekend, and dug up a bottle worth enough to buy your beer for the next 6 months", people start to pay more attention, even the teachers![:D] I can also impress the veterans with my knowladge. People are either more reluctant or dont let you at all, look around their property. It works really well, although I am going to be 18 in the fall, which means no more immunity from the law for Kyle.....[:eek:]

Thanks,
Kyle Waters

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Kyle...

You sounded so much older on the forum!![:eek:] Congratulations on getting close to that "Magic" age of 18... Hope you maintain your enthusiasm and appreciation for the "Glass"[:)]

Wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem