Fitch Bottle Date

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jwschaeffer

Reaction score
I had asked the seller just after the bottles were listed on Ebay ,if he would come up w/ a buy it now price for the Fitch bottle...and he said it was consigned to him so he could not do that. I am curious to see how high they go..........

capsoda

Reaction score
I agree with Matt. The lables would have to be examined up close and personel. The sell would have to give me at least a 10 day from recieving return gaurantee.

Now I will tell you why I would not bother to bid on them. #1, all the sellers bottles seem to have the same staining patterns and color. Coffee???? It it often used to stain lables and make them look old. #2 The Fitch's has a small torn away place on the right side of the lable. Now it may just be me but I have seen that same exact tear on some other bottles lately. Ont something like that but the same. Looks like over use of a good thing. #3 The lable on the bitters has a torn away corner and one hole that I guess was suppose to be roach damage. The corner tear just looks to new and Roaches have been around for millions of years and they didn't do that by taste testing. If roaches would have eaten at the lable there would be more dammage. Last, The lable on the snuff bottle looks as though it too was supposed to have bug damage. Bugs will not go near tobaco, especially snuff and chewing tobaco. The residue alone is enought to wrad them off.

Just my observations.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH