Flood update for Jersey....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
just got back home today, it appears I had about 2-3 feet of water which is now down to 8 inches, I'll pump the rest out tomorrow and put in a new water heater, boiler, washer and dryer...There is also some roof damage and spots where I'll need to sheetrock, spackle and paint but other than that I'm in much better shape than many of my neighbors and friends.

My friend Tracey had her whole basement full and 3 feet up into her first floor and her home will have to be gutted and she is gonna be staying with friends for a long time....[:eek:]..... Some of my neighbors had sinkholes and all kinds of other property damage besides just water in their homes. The Govt. has provided dumpsters all over and the cleanup begins now, just praying that Katia doesn't head our way, if that happens it will be the end for many peoples homes in the area.

Filed my insurance claim today and I should hear from the adjuster by monday since my home is liveable, the good thing is I can do alot of the work myself and put a few dollars in my own pocket after the flooding. Thanx to all of you who sent me e-mails and actually called to check on me and offer your kind words. It was greatly appreciated and it kind of caught me off guard, even though I know this site has some of the nicest people on the planet....One Love....Jim

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
And I thought pumping out my basement for 12 straight hours was bad,well it was bad but I didn't loose anything.If i wouldn't have kept on that pump I would have lost my oil burner and hot water heater.
I got so stressed out I got a bad virus a day later wore my system down,had a 103 temp and didn't know where the freak i was. So yeah this storm sucked!

bostaurus

Reaction score
Very glad to hear you are okay and your home will be liveable while you work on it.
I did not watch much TV while I was in Texas but I did see a reporting standing in front of a bridge in Paterson, NJ...and thought of you and prayed you were safe and sound.

cc6pack

Reaction score
Jim

Glad at least you're safe, for the last two days the local newes station in my area have had stories about Patterson. Damage to houses and streets that look like rivers. We're supposed to get some rain from Lee, and there's a front that is likely to push Katia east into the Atlantic.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx guys and gals, happy to here you're all ok too, and yes Paterson is devastated in some areas. I have pic's and postcards from the 1902-03 flood and this is worse in many ways due too upstream construction in old flood plains. I will post some old and new pic's soon ....feel better Rick.....[;)]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm glad you're safe Jim... Any bottle casualties? Good thing is, bottles can swim [:D]

I hope you can make the best of this situation. Maybe you can renovate the basement? [:D] Just trying to make light of what may be a tough time... Good luck.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I'm glad you're safe Jim... Any bottle casualties? Good thing is, bottles can swim [:D]

I hope you can make the best of this situation. Maybe you can renovate the basement? [:D] Just trying to make light of what may be a tough time... Good luck.
all bottles are safe, work will begin soon buddy....thanx[;)]

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
The president is coming to Paterson on Sunday to check out the damage on Sunday. Call him an A-hole for me if you see him.

epackage

Reaction score
will do but I doubt I'll be over there, I have stuff to do here....

jarhunter

Reaction score
Hi Jim, good to hear your alright along with your collection, we had alot of water and wind up here, the water ran off the mountain quick, but the wind knocked alot of trees down, some still have no power. Warren

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583