For sale/trade - embossed milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
I bought about twenty local embossed milk bottles at an estate sale this morning. I'll post pics later, but they are in all sizes, quart, pint, 1/2 pint, and are from Chestnut Farms Dairy, Washington, DC, Hazel's Dairy, Falls Church, VA, Green Meadow Dairy, DC, Walker Hill Dairy, Lewinsville Dairy, DC, and Arlington County Dairy, Clarendon, VA. If anyone is interested in them, let me know. Also, if anyone has an idea of the value of these type bottles, I would be interested because I don't know anything about milk bottles!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Annie, Sounds like you got some good ones. Some of those are from very historic areas. Can't give a value. Sometimes milks bring crazy amounts and sometimes nada.

annie44

Reaction score
The Chestnut Farms 1/4 pints are actually listed in Kovel's at $38 (yes, I know that doesn't mean I could get that much for them!) I have two of them, and a quart Chestnut Farms in a really interesting shaped Quart size that says "Safe Milk for Babies". Also have a Chestnut farms 1/2 pint.
I will consider selling separately or as a lot - can't say what would be a fair trade yet because I haven't come up with a value for them. I may keep a few because they are all local to the area I live and work in. Condition is very good, only found a chip on one, and possibly a lip repair on one. Otherwise, they could just use a decent cleaning. I loaned my camera to a family member for the weekend, so I will post pictures on Tuesday.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Sounds good. I have a couple "sets" from different local dairies of their different sizes and styles. It would be neat to add another dairy in different sizes to my display. Let me know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen